Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 10 years from now >

10 years from now

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 years from now

Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 years from now

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: ampahunter

One thing for sure is...I'll shudder to think what the 'PRICE' for a bare bones compound bow will be like...ten years from now.
Probably, who knows, many of us may ever revert to traditional stick bow hunting, life cycles 360º.
I bought my very first New Compound Bow in "73" I think, and I paid $125 for it. The last sight I bought cost over $200

Dan
Yea Dan, the "good old days"! My first compound was a Bear Polar LTD, I think it cost $150.
The "good old days"...LOL, I purchased my last bow a Reflex Excursion for under $200 just 4 years ago....I must be the poor mans archer
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: ampahunter

One thing for sure is...I'll shudder to think what the 'PRICE' for a bare bones compound bow will be like...ten years from now.
Probably, who knows, many of us may ever revert to traditional stick bow hunting, life cycles 360º.
I bought my very first New Compound Bow in "73" I think, and I paid $125 for it. The last sight I bought cost over $200

Dan

Bummer!
Yeah, Especially Since I shot for years and didn't know what a sight was.[8D]

It was kind of like throwing rocks (only more deadly) You throw enough of them and you can get pretty darn good.

I wouldn't starve either way! Speaking of I think I'll go lay out some Deer Brats for supper

Dan
Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back in 1993 I bought my first compound. A Browning TimberWolf, a whopping $135 bare bow. I shoot Bowtech now, but what's an average Browning going for? Say 600. Low ball it and say the average price of a bow came up 450 in 15 years, think about it. Inflation, cost of living, all that good stuff. I am not sure its really come up all that much when you look at it relatively speaking.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

People who use the "look at the last (10, 20, 30 years))" stuff need to consider this. Technology is going to hit its peak soon, especially with hunting. I think the bigger problem will we be land and access. Poaching and trespassing are going to be on the rise because of this.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

People who use the "look at the last (10, 20, 30 years))" stuff need to consider this. Technology is going to hit its peak soon, especially with hunting. I think the bigger problem will we be land and access. Poaching and trespassing are going to be on the rise because of this.
Yeah? they said they couldn't deliver mail any faster than the Pony Express either![8D]

Dan
Old 02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it will be harder to find land to hunt. I was reading that in North Dakota they are trying to decided what to do about people buying land then reselling it less the hunting rights. Just like people can sell their land but keep the mineral rights.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Yeah? they said they couldn't deliver mail any faster than the Pony Express either![8D]

Dan
Easy now, like mentioned before, bows can only get so fast. Deer calls and scents can only work so well, tree stands can only be so safe and its still going to rain like hell on us (though, it may become more acidic ). I dont see much changing. Then again, im far from an expert.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Caleb, I heard that before you were born.

If I live long enough I'll find out!

Dan
Old 02-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

You got me there Dan, get back to me in 10 years and well have a great convo
Old 02-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Hunting area's are going to be a lot harder to find, You will either own land or lease ,both can be very expensive. Lots of urban sprawl. Equiptment will surely improve. More QDM area's
Redclub

Quick Reply: 10 years from now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.