Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 10 years from now >

10 years from now

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 years from now

Old 02-11-2009, 08:16 PM

Default RE: 10 years from now

Not sure why people make such a big deal about the AR lower...its just a souped up trigger mechanism over current crossbows. It does add a more tactical look to it though, I guess.

I don't think hell will freeze over in PA Archery season, but I agree crossbows should have their own season, even if it was the same dates as archery season....

Dan, I agree tech will change...but I think in the way of shootability/noise more so than speed. Speed can only go so high according to physics....and we are dang close to pushing those limits currently (assuming we are talking IBO standards). I bet the efficiency ratings will improve, allowing bows with higher brace heights and butter smooth draws to achieve the screaming speeds already seen today. The fast will get faster, but I think the smooth will close the gap more so than the speed envelope being continually pushed. If that makes sense? I realize some bows shoot smooth that are fast already, like an 82nd, some xforces, or an elite...but imagine a guardian, vectrix, or mathews type pull achieving those same speeds...that is the direction I see it going.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rage2blade

What will bow hunting be like???
Though I have no crystal ball to look in, I have seen a lot of changes from the past 30 years though. I do believe there will be more changes as time advances with all the modern technology coming out all the time. Perhaps you will be able to purchase a site that will read the yardage for you by then. Then who would need to purchase a range finder.. That wouldn't be a bad improvement would it?

I think land access will only be harder and harder to acquire back east here.
I have to agree with this one as well.. With all the slobs and people wacked out of it land use will become harder.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

tembry, with PA hunter numbers and some of the PA hunters, hell might freeze over. we got ALOT of hunters and with alot of hunters comes alot of slobs and alot of guys with no brains or ethics...thats why we are having such a difficult time with this. the only thing that might save us is they might not take off...but, being legal statewide, i think they might...with our herd being reduced and antler restrictions in place, guys that hunt a couple days in rifle season just arent getting the job done....i have a feeling they may be the ones to run to the crossbow shop....

if we didnt have the numbers and didnt have the slobs, i probably wouldnt be so salty...i just know if they do take off, its gunna be ugly...

heck, that PSE i posted is a sick looking crossbow...if i was a crossbow hunter id definently be toting that thing!! minus the high power scope and whisker biscuit! lol

we'll see what happens over the next couple years...whats done is done and i dont think they will ever take them back...
Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

If things keep going the way they are 10 years from now us bow hunters will be the only one's with meat on the table. Even in a depression I can still put the meat on even if I have to kill it my self. Nice to keep that thought in the back of my head.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing for sure is...I'll shudder to think what the 'PRICE' for a bare bones compound bow will be like...ten years from now.
Probably, who knows, many of us may ever revert to traditional stick bow hunting, life cycles 360º.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ampahunter

One thing for sure is...I'll shudder to think what the 'PRICE' for a bare bones compound bow will be like...ten years from now.
Probably, who knows, many of us may ever revert to traditional stick bow hunting, life cycles 360º.
I bought my very first New Compound Bow in "73" I think, and I paid $125 for it. The last sight I bought cost over $200

Dan
Old 02-12-2009, 09:23 AM

You wont need treestands anymore since all of the timber will be cleared for homes and malls.

Hunting gear wont cost a lot of dollars, just a lot of Ameros- theblack market will be the only place to purchase hunting related products. You'll have to meet "Mr. M" in a dark alley to pick up your new G5 sight.

You wont need an ability to shoot long distances because the crop fields will be turned intosoccer fields and parks for the cityyuppies and their yuppy offspring.

You'll likely be able to pet the deer you intend to shoot, prior to doing so. Fawns will eat bread-crumbs out of your hand and you will have to pass a criminal background investigation before you can purchase a bow, arrows, broadheads or a knife.

Prior to shooting at geese in the air, you'll have to confirm with air traffic control that no 'personal flying vehicles'(flying cars) are in the vicinity.

Any legal hunting will require hunters to don a personal protective nomex suit, just incase your arrow or 'chip encoded bullet' penetratesone ofthenatural gas lines that will be so prevalent.

While small game hunting, you will have to check each tree for 'big brothers closed circut security cameras' before engaging your target squirrel.

You will not have to hunt whatever weather pattern happens to be in your area, because you will be able to make a phone call and have the weather changed to your choice of pressure system.[8D]

Probably, the most signifigant change will be trespassing and law breaking. Why you ask ? Because hunting will probably beillegal in 10years, so hunters will have to posses commando, ninja like skills in order to shoot deer out of backyards that were once beautiful crop fields . Also, upon checking in your deer, you will recieve your mandatory court appearance date for prosecution.

Hunters will strive to find a way to limit the high pitched sound emitted from the RFID chip that is emplanted in their shoulder.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I bought my very first New Compound Bow in "73" I think, and I paid $125 for it. The last sight I bought cost over $200

Dan
Yea Dan, the "good old days"! My first compound was a Bear Polar LTD, I think it cost $150.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BlackFive782

You wont need treestands anymore since all of the timber will be cleared for homes and malls.

Hunting gear wont cost a lot of dollars, just a lot of Ameros- theblack market will be the only place to purchase hunting related products. You'll have to meet "Mr. M" in a dark alley to pick up your new G5 sight.

You wont need an ability to shoot long distances because the crop fields will be turned intosoccer fields and parks for the cityyuppies and their yuppy offspring.

You'll likely be able to pet the deer you intend to shoot, prior to doing so. Fawns will eat bread-crumbs out of your hand and you will have to pass a criminal background investigation before you can purchase a bow, arrows, broadheads or a knife.

Prior to shooting at geese in the air, you'll have to confirm with air traffic control that no 'personal flying vehicles'(flying cars) are in the vicinity.

Any legal hunting will require hunters to don a personal protective nomex suit, just incase your arrow or 'chip encoded bullet' penetratesone ofthenatural gas lines that will be so prevalent.

While small game hunting, you will have to check each tree for 'big brothers closed circut security cameras' before engaging your target squirrel.

You will not have to hunt whatever weather pattern happens to be in your area, because you will be able to make a phone call and have the weather changed to your choice of pressure system.[8D]

Probably, the most signifigant change will be trespassing and law breaking. Why you ask ? Because hunting will probably beillegal in 10years, so hunters will have to posses commando, ninja like skills in order to shoot deer out of backyards that were once beautiful crop fields . Also, upon checking in your deer, you will recieve your mandatory court appearance date for prosecution.

Hunters will strive to find a way to limit the high pitched sound emitted from the RFID chip that is emplanted in their shoulder.
You've got quite a vivid imagination!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan

Bummer!

Quick Reply: 10 years from now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.