Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 5 years ago?  5 years from now? >

5 years ago? 5 years from now?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

5 years ago? 5 years from now?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default 5 years ago? 5 years from now?

No. 1 - 5 years ago....did you have/utilize less gear/gadgetry in your pursuits for deer than you do, now?

No. 2 - 5 years from now....what do you predict you'll be doing (in this arena)?

Explain?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 5 years ago? 5 years from now?

Yes.

Before use of:

online maps
online weather for area
gps
rangefinders
less gimmicky arrow rests
sights
geez everythings a gadget now-a-days

Even camo just used to be some green and brown stuff you wore..

5years from now..Heck Ya I love Stuff give me new gadgets!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No. 1 - 5 years ago....did you have/utilize less gear/gadgetry in your pursuits for deer than you do, now?
No. 2 - 5 years from now....what do you predict you'll be doing (in this arena)?

Explain?
No. 1 - 5 years ago....did you have/utilize less gear/gadgetry in your pursuits for deer than you do, now? Nope, using the same equipment I used 13 years ago. The only difference from 22 years ago to now is I sold the compound and picked up a recurve.

No. 2 - 5 years from now....what do you predict you'll be doing (in this arena)? The same exact thing, possibly a new recurve.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

1.........No and yes..yes being I have CB's now...
2.........Hunting Whitetail more with my Trad bows and Useing longgun for bigger N.A.B.G.ie Elk,Moose,Bear and going on more far away DIY hunts...
But my compound will still be used for hunting overall....
Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

5 years ago, I was using a bow that was about as fast, and with pretty much the same amount of gadgets. I didn't have a rangefinder then though, used to pace off to shooting lanes ahead of time.

5 years from now I'll likely be chasing them with trad gear. I'd like to take a P&Y deer first before I make that move, but once I've got one of those I'll probably go exclusive w/ trad for a while at least.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Until last month, I was using the same stuff for 20 years (including firearms). The only really new thing I had was a ground blind. I also started using aerial photos.

Five years from now, who knows, but I am sure there will be plenty to peak my interest.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

No. 1 - I've only been hunting deer for 3 yrs.....and I've tried to soak in EVERYTHING I could learn. I've been willing to try most every gadget and tool. SO....in this regard....I've gotten more and more "gadgety".

No. 2 - I see my use of these things (hunting-wise) lessening in the future. I think I see a day coming when I don't hunt with a compound for whitetails.......or turkeys. I already use my trailcams less than I used to. I won't carry a rangefinder to the woods, this year (and I'm not recommending this to anyone......I'm just stating that my 'effective range' is getting shorter and shorter.....to its' now 'no-brainer' status). I carry with me the following items to a hunt: Stand; bow; bow hook (and OK....a camera, this year).

Not commenting on anyone else's way of doing things.....I just see a trend coming in my ways. It may or not be within 5 years. Maybe sooner....maybe later.

Was wondering if anyone else felt this way. That is all.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

5 years ago I didn't hunt and had no desire to.

5 years from now, I may feel the same way.

I buy and do now, I'll worry about then when it comes. Until then, I'll just do what I can when I can.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

1) I think I used more gadgets 5 years ago

2) I think I will be using a good GPS unit with built in contour lines....other than that I just like my treestand and bow! I am a pretty simple hunter. I would like to start trying some of those Montana decoys out this year to play around.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

5 years from now I'll likely be chasing them with trad gear. I'd like to take a P&Y deer first before I make that move, but once I've got one of those I'll probably go exclusive w/ trad for a while at least.
Good to hear Rick! Its a whole new world of bow hunting that I think you will enjoy allot, I promise you that!! Its a style of hunting that no one can explain until they have done it. We need more Traditional folks. It seems there's getting to be fewer every year. Get that booker so you can do the switch over!! Good luck!!

Quick Reply: 5 years ago? 5 years from now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.