Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Far from reality hunting.... >

Far from reality hunting....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Far from reality hunting....

Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Far from reality hunting....

I am sorry to those i offended on my first post. To tell you the truth i am just jealous of the drury brothers. It took them a long time and a lot of sweat to get to where they are today. They are living any hunters dream. I was just jealous of them being able to pass on bucks that i will probably never see in my life. I guess the challenge for them isnt getting huge bucks now, but getting it on film which is extremely hard. I enjoy watching their shows and will always watch them. Again, sorry to those who i offended.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

I think some of you guys are missing the point here, at least my opinion. To the Drury brothers, that is reality deer hunting. It is, plain and simple. They have enough land, manage it correctly, do the work to get the food plots in the right spots, hang the camera's so they know the movement, and then hang a set with the camera and hunt it on the days when the wind will allow it. because of all their work, they get it done without high fences and put some great deer on the ground. i like to watch them because they wil show you when the misses happen also, or when they get busted drawing back. I agree with Rob that they are GOOD hunters hunting GREAT land. Ever watch Terry draw back his bow? I'm surprised he doesn't get busted every time! But when you know there are great bucks around, you can be picky, and you will shoot some great deer more often. You're right rangerboy, they most likely are not hunting public land all the time, I'm sure they do once in a while, but would you? I mean if you had 1000 acres of prime land, would you "waste" your time chasing some basket-racks in crap land? Didn't think so. But, reality is VERY relative, and depends on what yuo have to work with, and how much you have to spend. I would guess by now that the DRury brothers don't need to be guided much anymore since they own and manage enough land to get it done.
Dandbuck
Old 01-30-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rangerboy

When they start hunting public land, then it will be reality.
I guess, then, that to those of us like myself who hunt private land and work our butts off in managment strategies, scouting, etc, etc...we will never be able to experience real hunting[&:]
Old 01-31-2009, 04:29 AM

I do need to make myself clear.. I think the Drury boys are great, they work hard on their property...the reality of it for me is, and most on here, is that we don't get the opprotunity to pass on 140-150" bucks daily.. now they may be talking about getting busted in the tree or missing as being reality, well that's true. But as far as the average guy's hunts and their hunts, there is no comparison. but I give them props for the hard work and good entertainment..
Old 01-31-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The Drury's have come a very long way. They do things right on great land. They are Good hunters on great land, not great hunters on good land.
Enough said. The reality is they would not attempt to make a hunting showon the land thatwe hunt. Why because they are not in it for the hunt. That is there job. Just like us with our jobs you wantto be where you are most productive.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to see reality at its best check out video this year, No guides real guys hunting properties we got by knocking on doors or leasing. Some monster bucks with Todd passing on a solid 170 class. Now for the Drury's they are good and most of there stuff is there guy's hunting there own lands not guides. They have rose to the top of there game and like said just above the best advise I have ever heard was from a seminar i sat at from Gene Wensel I believe it was when he was done someone asked him I bet you couldn't come over where I hunt and kill bucks like that and he just looked at the guy and said then I wouldn't hunt where you do.. And that my friends is what it is all about and when the light came on for Wally, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION and is why I now spend all my time in Illinois and IA.. Walt
Old 01-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rangerboy

When they start hunting public land, then it will be reality.
Really???????????????

And who gave you the right to be judge and jury over what is real hunting and what is not.

I hunt my own private 360 acres and put more time and work on this land for hunting than I ever did on the public land I used to hunt and I think it's "real" hunting.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

These discussions always Crack me up!![8D]I think the Poster that said he was jealous, is telling the Truth. That's the biggest problem in the Hunting world.

Jealousy!!!

If they did it lawful, public, private, outfitter, Whatever!!

I'm glad for them

Dan
Old 01-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

What parts of it make it unrealistic to you? For me it's the never ending supply of prime land.
What's unrealistic about having a never ending supply of prime land? If you had the kind ofmoney those guys have, you'd have a never ending supply of prime land as well. I know I would!