Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Catch And Release >

Catch And Release

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Catch And Release

Old 01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Catch And Release

So what if hunting (used as a broad term in this instance) was Kill optional? Would you still kill? or would you be more content with outsmarting the animal... (I havent thought of how to make it kill optional yet) then simply returning it to its natural state? I was laying in bed recovering from the hospital events and I was thinking about fishing trips Ive taken... I've cought some monster trout in waters that usually dont produce monsters and I always let them go. I've come to think of it like how when I was a little kid and I cought a big fish how amazing it felt.... what if we could do that with the game of our choice. So, If killing was optional in this sport would you still kill?

Ryan.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Catch And Release

I would definitely kill. Half the challenge is getting your shot off cleanly.
There's a term for what your describing. It's called wildlife viewing, not hunting.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

So what if hunting (used as a broad term in this instance) was Kill optional? Would you still kill? or would you be more content with outsmarting the animal... (I havent thought of how to make it kill optional yet) then simply returning it to its natural state? I was laying in bed recovering from the hospital events and I was thinking about fishing trips Ive taken... I've cought some monster trout in waters that usually dont produce monsters and I always let them go. I've come to think of it like how when I was a little kid and I cought a big fish how amazing it felt.... what if we could do that with the game of our choice. So, If killing was optional in this sport would you still kill?

Ryan.
It is a killoption! Simply go out with a video cam and shoot whatever buck you want! Then just watch him walk away. You shot him but he still lives to fight another day.That's what I should have done with this buck. This (my avatar) is a still from video I took before shooting him with my bow. I should have continued videoing instead of killing him though.[&o]

Old 01-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

KillingIS optional everytime we go to the woods.
I'd like it to stay that way.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im all for hunting with a camera for pictures too..There were many sits this fall where I was just asexcited about getting cool pictures of wildlife, as I would have been if ilet an arrow go........ but photographs dont taste as good deer chili
Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

(I havent thought of how to make it kill optional yet)

Ryan.

Just replace your broadheads with those suction cup thingys!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Well put.
ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Killing IS optional everytime we go to the woods.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would still kill i enjoy the meat
I currently practice fillet and release does that count ?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree and sportsmen and women united and squashed what your talking about, remember the tranquilizer sport thing that almost was. [&:]
Old 01-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I agree and sportmen and women united and squashed what your talking about, remember the tranquiler sport thing that almost was. [&:]
Yes, that was up there with thechoose/shoot your buck viacomputer concept, remember?That was squashed as well, as it should have been![:'(]

Quick Reply: Catch And Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.