HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Far from reality hunting....
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:59 AM
dandbuck
Fork Horn

Default RE: Far from reality hunting....

I think some of you guys are missing the point here, at least my opinion. To the Drury brothers, that is reality deer hunting. It is, plain and simple. They have enough land, manage it correctly, do the work to get the food plots in the right spots, hang the camera's so they know the movement, and then hang a set with the camera and hunt it on the days when the wind will allow it. because of all their work, they get it done without high fences and put some great deer on the ground. i like to watch them because they wil show you when the misses happen also, or when they get busted drawing back. I agree with Rob that they are GOOD hunters hunting GREAT land. Ever watch Terry draw back his bow? I'm surprised he doesn't get busted every time! But when you know there are great bucks around, you can be picky, and you will shoot some great deer more often. You're right rangerboy, they most likely are not hunting public land all the time, I'm sure they do once in a while, but would you? I mean if you had 1000 acres of prime land, would you "waste" your time chasing some basket-racks in crap land? Didn't think so. But, reality is VERY relative, and depends on what yuo have to work with, and how much you have to spend. I would guess by now that the DRury brothers don't need to be guided much anymore since they own and manage enough land to get it done.
Dandbuck