Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What a bunch of garbage... >

What a bunch of garbage...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a bunch of garbage...

Old 01-28-2009, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What a bunch of garbage...

Thank you Canuck forpointing out the other differences. Am I mistaken, are the minimum scoreslower also? If this is the case, it would appear more deer would meet this minimum. And thus, more hunters would have record deer (which translates into more money for the keeper, if they charge a fee). I do not feel this method is a joke. It's just different and it's basis retains the hub as found in all major scoring methods (B&C, P&Y, SCI, etc).

just saying and not trying to ruffle any feathers....
Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

huckleberry you're clearly missing the point.. you are taking me saying its a "joke" as me saying that the system sucks or I dont understand how to use it or something.. I'm just saying they stole the B&C system and called it their own..

So buckmasters is B&C gross score minus the spread.. It's not like they went and made a new system, they just took the existing one and subtracted the inside spread then labelled it as a buckmasters scoring system.. lol.. why not just call it "B&C GROSS Score minus the spread"

Well since you all think its ok I think I'll steal B&C's scoring system, change a thing or two and call it my own..
Old 01-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Site Buck Guru

I like the B&C/P&Y system's gross scores. I'm a fan of "air" measurements also. While a 16" 150 class buck is impressive, I think a 24" 150 class buck looks cooler. I like spread!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

I like the B&C/P&Y system's gross scores. I'm a fan of "air" measurements also. While a 16" 150 class buck is impressive, I think a 24" 150 class buck looks cooler. I like spread!
I couldn't agree more!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

I agree Greg!I like the spread too. I think that's part of myaddiction to Muleys as most of the ones I've killed have been in 20" plus wide range.

That said My buddy killed aWhitetail Buckwhich scored 220" plus. Itwas only approx. 16"/17" wide.

I would have Loved to drawn down on one like thatThose are Bucks of a Lifetime for a very, very small percentage of Bowhunters

Dan
Old 01-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

Mickey D's, BK, and all the other burger joints across the county offer the same things. Its up to YOU where YOU get your burger and fries. This isnt garbage, its choice, thats whats great about this country! If you shoot a big buck, they dont automatically come to your place, measure and put in their book only, its your choice.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

bravo again you too are missing the point.. yes the two offer the same thing (a scoring system) btu in your analogy to be the same as what the buckmasters have done, the various burger joints would steal eachothers recipes and only change one ingredient so that ultimately they all sold the exact same burger..

I'm done with this because it seems alot of you are missing the point at hand and cant grasp fully what I've been trying to say..
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's called "trade naming" Fingerz. It's not a joke. It's not garbage. Nor is it a copyright infringment. It's what people do with established ideas and products. How many hamburgers are served with names other than "hamburger"? Lastly, do you think B&C came up with the original idea of scoring animals? Ten bucks says they borrowed ideas from the livestock industry. If borrowing is garbage, then B&C's scoring method is, by default, garbage.

I like the air measurement also...
Old 01-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

I too like the water displacement idea.I'd like to compare/judge them on exactly how many cc's ofbone growth they have. It surely wouldn't replace the traditional scoring methods, but would be a nice compliment.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my scoring system..."oh man that looks like a nice rack", then I will attempt to shoot it.

Quick Reply: What a bunch of garbage...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.