Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What a bunch of garbage... >

What a bunch of garbage...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a bunch of garbage...

Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What a bunch of garbage...

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Here is my scoring system..."oh man that looks like a nice rack", then I will attempt to shoot it.

Brett, I've used that one a lot! It works pretty good[8D]

Dan
Old 01-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

The "water displacement" scoring method would only give a perfectoverall mass score, nothing else. You wouldn't have any tine/beam lenghts or any beam diameters. I don't think that method would bevery popular at all.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

The "water displacement" scoring method would only give a perfectoverall mass score, nothing else. You wouldn't have any tine/beam lenghts or any beam diameters. I don't think that method would bevery popular at all.
Longer the tine, the more water it displacesand..............

a thick long tine would displace more water than a spindly long tine

Dan
Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Longer the tine, the more water it displaces
Dan
A longer skinny tine might displace the same amount of water as a shorter fatter tine, so there!Like I said,all you wouldget is a mass score.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Longer the tine, the more water it displaces
Dan
A longer skinny tine might displace the same amount of water as a shorter fatter tine, so there!Like I said,all you wouldget is a mass score.
There really is No arguing that the water displacement method of measuring would give a Buck the true credit for what bone he grew, whether it be skinny or mass. It's still bone. I've seen many bucks with very massive tines that scored well, but in all truth they receive no credit for massive tines. A tall skinny tined buck with tines of the same length would/could actually score the same. Like I said No argument that it would be the most accurate.

Well I guess you can argue about it, but Not with me![8D]

Dan
Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always thought a Buck should get credit for what he grows.

Dan
x2

Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

But what would be the mechanics of a water displacement score? Would you have to cut the rack off the skull cap? Because you cant include the skull cap in the measurements. If you kept the skull cap intact how would you measure antlers that are wide apart that would cause the skull cap to be submerged to submerge both antlers to the base? Distilled, spring, or tap water? What temperature would the water be and must all measurements take place at sea level? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Talondale

But what would be the mechanics of a water displacement score? Would you have to cut the rack off the skull cap? Because you cant include the skull cap in the measurements. If you kept the skull cap intact how would you measure antlers that are wide apart that would cause the skull cap to be submerged to submerge both antlers to the base? Distilled, spring, or tap water? What temperature would the water be and must all measurements take place at sea level? Inquiring minds want to know.
There are some things we're better off not knowing.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

bravo again you too are missing the point.. yes the two offer the same thing (a scoring system) btu in your analogy to be the same as what the buckmasters have done, the various burger joints would steal eachothers recipes and only change one ingredient so that ultimately they all sold the exact same burger..

I'm done with this because it seems alot of you are missing the point at hand and cant grasp fully what I've been trying to say..
Maybe since everyone here is "missing the point", you in fact are failing to get your point across... Yes they are the same. All major methods of scoring deer are the same. Every state that has whitetail deer within its borders has a scoring program and guess what, its the exact same as Boone and Crocketts! So what??!!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Talondale

Half of those things you listed dont change the outcome in the displacement of water anyways.. to your question about an antler that would cause the skull cap to be sumberged, you would do one antler at a time, problem solved..

Quick Reply: What a bunch of garbage...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.