Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you get nervous??? >

Do you get nervous???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you get nervous???

Old 01-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you get nervous???

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

I get nervous, and the day i don't is the day i quit hunting.
Why's that?

You think you have get nervous to enjoy Bowhunting?

Dan
Pretty much what Evan said. I like the "thrill", you know, the "butterflies" you get from seeing a deer or hearing something in the woods. If it gets to the point where a 160 inch buck can come walking down the trail and im "whatever", then ill prolly hang my bow up.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I get nervous, and the day i don't is the day i quit hunting.
Why's that?

You think you have get nervous to enjoy Bowhunting?

Dan
Pretty much what Evan said. I like the "thrill", you know, the "butterflies" you get from seeing a deer or hearing something in the woods. If it gets to the point where a 160 inch buck can come walking down the trail and im "whatever", then ill prolly hang my bow up.
a big x2 on that caleb: though i really hope that will never happen to me or anyone here though

does anyone else seem to be steadier with a bow than a gun when you are aiming at a deer? i always feel steadier when shooting a bow at something then a gun. also i am steadier shooting at a deer than shooting at a target
Old 01-28-2009, 05:32 AM

Definitely after the shot. I'm calm and focused until i let the arrow go. Then all hell breaks loose. I'm glad i have a harness on. Haven't had to use it yet, but it's been close.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:34 PM

yes i do and when it stops happening i will stop hunting
Old 01-28-2009, 05:51 PM

the last 2 does I shot this year I got nervous when they first came out, then as I lifted the bow to draw, the nervousness turned into a tunnel vision, focused kinda thing, now nervousness and excitment came back when the arrow smaked in the spot, never happend like that before.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get a huge rush right at first sight of anydeer (has gotten somewhat better over time). That's
a big part of hunting, it'snot like any other high.

This year on my 9 point I luckily had about 1 minute to watch him come in as I got my breathing under
control. I was really thankful for the extra time to settle down, get into good position,pick my lanes, pick my spot to draw, etc.

But typically no matter how nervous or wound up I get, I'm usually pretty calm right at the shot
(not shaking).I grew up shooting guns(pellet,22, pistols) all the time, so I think this is partly a learned behavior.

Also, my first buck I shot at with a bow ended in a 1 day unsuccessful tracking job, so this time I
took the cliched advice thatonce you decide its a shooter you should focus on getting the job done.