Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you get nervous??? >

Do you get nervous???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you get nervous???

Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do you get nervous???

I hear of many people saying they get nervous when a shot oppurtunity presents itself.....????

I myself dont get nervous until the the situation is done past? I shake when the deer are out of my sight?? Is anybody else like this????

Whether it be a nice doe or buck in close range if I shoot or not I still get a little shaky ONCE they are out of my sight!!!???????????????

When the oppurtunity presents itself , I am as calm as a leaf in no wind... but I am a fool once the deer is out of the equation!??!??!??!?!?

(DISCLAIMER??) I can HONESTLY never remember getting nervous DURING a shot oppurtuntity????????????????( I have shot at 150"+ bucks before)???? Of which I COMPLETELY blew, bad bad moment[>:]!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you get nervous???

I get anxious. Just like before getting into a fight, i start to get anxious/ready for it to happen. Its like i want it soo bad and i cant wait. Its nerves yes... But not nerves b/c im unconfident. After i shoot, its the high, and like most, its uncontrollable. I can tame myself and be cool as a cucumber before (enuff to make good decisions) but afterwards no matter what i try, i cant control myself.

Derek
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

No I don't, but I have yet had a 180 standing in front of me
Old 01-24-2009, 02:29 AM

I feel the exact same way....I figured I would melt like butter when I finally got a crack at my buck, but I wasn't nervous, heartrate wasn't 5000, heck I wasn't even shaking......until the arrow was released. Happened with my Pronghorn and my doe as well.....nothing but calm and collective before and up through the shot. I can't be held reliable for anything I do after it goes down, I really do fall apart. My friend filming me thought I might fall out of the tree one morning after a rut crazed hunt and a deflected arrow on a buck.

BUT, like Rick said, I've never had a giant walk out in front of me either, yet.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Site Buck Guru

I used to get a bit "excited" when I had deer approaching me, especially if I knew that I was going to take a shot. Then something switched. Now, when a deer approaches that I'm going to shoot, I go into a sort of slow motion mode where I'm very calm and calculating. Once the shot is made the excitement builds up rapidly. Sometimes it is so great that I don't remember climbing down my tree. This lasts all the way through tracking the deer and examining it and during the walk back to my truck when going for help to get it out of the woods.

To some degree, I get this feeling of excitement for all game that I take. It seems to be a feeling that I live for! [:-]
Old 01-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If everything takes place in a short span of time. No, I do not get nervous until afterwards theneverythinggoes crazy after the shot.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

I get really excited until i draw back, then i calm down. After I shoot my heart starts pumping and my legs begin to shake! My dad told me the day you dont get excited or start shakin is the day you should quit hunting.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here from me I am as calm as a cucumber until the shot then I fall apart!! It is just motion up until the shot and that is why I believe you need to practice so much. It is kinda like a dreamyou know what is going on but it is all just the things you do in practice that take over.. Being in law enforcement it is the same way when sh!t hits the fan it is the training that fall back on. Walt
Old 01-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, each person will be different. Those who have an extreme amount of adrenaline released once they know a "shooter" buck is coming in, these people may feel that rush before they shoot...others who have a slower release of adrenaline will not feel the rush until after a certain amount of time is passed....and/or they may not get their rush of adrenaline until after they release their arrow.....

i for one get the adrenaline rush as soon as i see a buck ( i am not a trophy hunter).... god I love that
feeling
Old 01-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

well, if the buckwits and gives me minutes b4 he gets in range and he islike rubbing trees and grunting, my knees get to knockin a lil bit lol , but if its "see buck, shoot buck"im not that bad till after the shot

Quick Reply: Do you get nervous???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.