Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rest/Launching Question >

Rest/Launching Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rest/Launching Question

Old 04-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rest/Launching Question

I have been trying to tune my bow and started with trying to make sure the fletching does not touch the rest on launch. The way I did this was, sprayed the arrow with a powdery athletes foot spary. As the arrow launches, a clear visual path/scrap is left in the powder and on the arrow. However, during the process, I discovered one side of the Hunter rest was making full and constant contact but the other side is only making contact for the first 1- 1.5 inches, then the scrape disappears. Does it matter that both contact points of the rest are not running along the arrow together??

I just had the bow worked on by the local pro shop and he spend a long time adjusting, so i don' t want to fool with it unless necessary. I inquired about the two prongs on the Hunter rest since they don' t look even, but he said they are fine.

thanks
Old 04-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rest/Launching Question

As long has your not getting fletching contact, thats the first step. I' d shoot your arrows through paper next, just to make sure you are getting no tears. If you get a tear then the offset prong could be the culprit. If got a perfect hole, then he musta knew what he was doing with that particular rest. I seen proshops do some different things with rests.