Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Changes to Ohio Turkey Hunting Regs >

Changes to Ohio Turkey Hunting Regs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Changes to Ohio Turkey Hunting Regs

Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Changes to Ohio Turkey Hunting Regs

So I was scanning the DNR webpage today at work, since its bitter cold and windy here I can't climb any towers and consequently am crazy bored!!!!

Regardless this got me a bit excited, proposed changes for next seasons hunting regulations for the state of Ohio, now its not set in stone till they vote in March and early April but as it stands now for Spring Turkey the legal hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise till noon; the change they want to enact is for '09 and '10 having the last two weeks of Spring Turkey be open from 1/2 hour before to 1/2 hour after...thats freaking awesome as my work schedule would severely inhibit my turkey hunting...not only that but for Fall Turkey 2 Northwest Ohio Counties are being opened, both of which I'm within an hour of...

For those interested here is the full article

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/News/NewsReleaseArchives/tabid/19075/EntryID/880/Default.aspx

I know this would mean nothing to those not in Ohio but for my fellow Ohioians...this is exciting!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Changes to Ohio Turkey Hunting Regs

All day spring season would be nice....

I wish they would open my county for turkey in the fall though. I hear them all the time anymore. See sign for them in the woods. Its just a matter of time before one comes close enough for a bow shot. Saw 40+ a couple years ago 50 yards out. Cool sight.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow thats awesome i always wonderedwhy itended at noon seemed like a wierd time.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 PM

That would be really sweet for me because of school i can only hunt the weekends. And fall turkey season is great, This was the first year that it was open in medina county and a shot a jake with my bow.