Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RANT!!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RANT!!!!

What would a lawsuit really do for him? Look at the people who walk out of the court room with a not guilty
plea they don'twalk out with a check in hand or even i'm sorry had the wrong guy! Or the people that
put in prison for 20 years and then released after dna came along , they get x amount of dollars which
no matter what don't even come close to what they deserves.Sure the guy deserves alot but he will never get it.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RANT!!!!

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Well the part of the story I didn't mention about the feed lot case is....two others were charged without being caught. a few guys go hunt the pond that morning, and leave due to no ducks being killed and it was cold. The main guy goes back to get the decoys around lunch, BY HIMSELF, and that is when the warden pulls up. He bullies and threatens, confiscates the guys gun on sight, along with dekes and gear, and asks who else hunted there this morning....the "friend" gave his two partners names and addresses....and the warden goes to there house, rights them a ticket and takes their gun as well. All three have court dates, two of which were not even there when the warden made the bust...the one that was there wasn't even hunting.

Like I said, they don't need cold hard evidence in a lot of cases....whims and assumptions ARE acted on in that field. Not by many of the officers as most are stand up guys...but some will. I think the difference is....the good officers assume you are legal hunters and look for proof of wrong doing....the bad officers go around assuming everybody is a lawbreaking poacher, and he can and should ticket them for anything possible, whether the facts are there or not.

Oh well, they are needed, more of them actually, and really try to help keep it clean out there. I am behind them the entire way in their efforts.

What the Game Warden did in this case was charge the 2 other guysgoing off ofhearsay. Only one problem: Ya can't do it. I can say that you shot a million ducks, but that doesn't mean that he can charge you for shooting a million ducks. He needs evidence. And technically, the guys shouldn't have even been charged with hunting in the feed lot. A good lawyer will get these guys off scot-free. The game warden in this case should be fired as well.