Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baiting

Old 01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Baiting

i hope they allow us to use bait here in Michigan for the 2009 season. i would of had a lot more action if i could have baited in 2008. any other states not allowed to bait because of chronic wasting disease.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Baiting

Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

That is funny!

IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

No baiting is the first GREAT move Michigan has done now if we could just get the two week gun season moved to three 3 day season out of the rut we might have something going!!! Baiting stinks!!!! Illinois no baiting allowed PERIOD Iowa only out of hunting season and to take trail cam pics and so forth.. Walt
Old 01-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

No baiting is the first GREAT move Michigan has done now if we could just get the two week gun season moved to three 3 day season out of the rut we might have something going!!! Baiting stinks!!!! Illinois no baiting allowed PERIOD Iowa only out of hunting season and to take trail cam pics and so forth.. Walt
I'm with you on the shortened gun season, i sure wish we would do that here in VA
Old 01-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya know i used to bait... seen ALOT of deer.. then 2 years ago i stoped.. havent seen as many deer... huntin got harder but boy when you put one down its jus a better feelin.... makes ya a better hunter to... makes ya find the deer instead of them findin you.. im not against baitin.. my grandfather does it buts he older an i dont care what he has to do to see deer.. as long as he is seeing them.. you'll prolly get some good comments on this topic though!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

i have a very small area i hunt. some time it can be hard to get them under me or even see any. there are many deer in the area just better property that they can move on all around me. now if i could bait i know i would see twice as many. need to give them a reason to walk through the property i hunt. i have many house around me.
here is a little about me. i just got into bow hunting 2 year ago. hunted when i was 16 few times and that is it. i have always shot a bow at targets and what not since i was 8. i finally am in to the sport big time. i love it. i did see many deer 2008, but no luck. i even had 2 deer at 10 yds . drew back on one at 25. i could not take the shot because i didnt think it would be a good shot. i was so shaky. could not keep steady. plus i didnt have that much faith in the equipment i was hunting with. Now i do my dad always taught me to practice and practice so u can make the best shot. and if u dont think u have one dont take the shot. i need to teach myself to calm down a little when i get deer under me.