Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another rant.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Another rant.

Sorry Guys, but this is kinda pertaining to My previous post about not likeing gun season. One of My buddies who hunts another farm neighboring us found 8 bucks dead from the gun season. People evidently put bad hits, and couldn't find the deer, or hit them good, and didn't bother to get them or look for them. Where these deer were found is where We heard most of the run, and gun shooting goin on. It is just a shame 8 perfectly good bucks wasted. The meat just went to a total waste. A couple of the bucks had good potential, and a couple were nice already. He had 2 with Him here a couple pics. I'll try to get pics of the other ones eventually. He said one of them was a 13 pointer with a 20" inside spread.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another rant.

another

Old 12-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Fork Horn

another

Old 12-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would bet more bow shot deer die without being found, than gun shot deer ......now I am talking %shot / %recovered
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I would bet more bow shot deer die without being found, than gun shot deer ......now I am talking %shot / %recovered
I would agree with this statement.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

x3
Old 12-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

They look a bit to rotted to be gun season....Or it looks that way. Gun season was 2 weeks ago. And its been pretty cold (below freezing except one day) here anyway. I just didn't figure they would go away that fast. Sure the coyotes and foxes chewed on them but the head they usualy leave alone.

Unless you have someone over there just shooting them and letting them run off a die never trying to get to them.

Did your friend call the DNR? I think they'd investigate 8 bucks laying dead.

I love to bowhunt. But a few people doing stupid stuff doesn't make me hate gun season or want to do away with it. I'd say most gun hunters (95%) do everything they can to harvest the animals they shoot at. And lets face it if the gun hunters stopped hunting and buying licenses ....hunting would go away pretty quickly. Way more of them than bowhunters.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a terrible waste of deer. Italso looks like the genetics in that area leave a little to be desired, but this doesn't condone the wasting of perfectly good deer meat. Damn gun hunters! jk
Old 12-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

They look a bit to rotted to be gun season....Or it looks that way. Gun season was 2 weeks ago. And its been pretty cold (below freezing except one day) here anyway. I just didn't figure they would go away that fast. Sure the coyotes and foxes chewed on them but the head they usualy leave alone.

Unless you have someone over there just shooting them and letting them run off a die never trying to get to them.

I love to bowhunt. But a few people doing stupid stuff doesn't make me hate gun season or want to do away with it. I'd say most gun hunters (95%) do everything they can to harvest the animals they shoot at. And lets face it if the gun hunters stopped hunting and buying licenses ....hunting would go away pretty quickly. Way more of them than bowhunters.
I second that....here in NC...just judging road kills that have been on the side of the road for more than a month here, with warm temps, it appears that those are more deteriorated.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Maybe where he is they would. We had a situation in Jan/Feb of this year where someone shot and left lay 30 deer (that were found). Most appeared to be shot in the head with a rifle. Our DNR sent someone out and no action was ever taken. Something like patroling the area or set them up with a decoy is the least I felt should have beendone by the DNR here.

Quick Reply: Another rant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.