Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RANT!!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RANT!!!!

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

And why wasn't this DCNR officer not only fired but sued, fined and humiliated? Truly sad!
You can bet he would get humiliated if he done that to me, ever time I seen him somewhere I be yelling,HAY DUMB ASS, YOU SEEN ANY MULE DEER AROUND HERE LATELY!
Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the case was as open and shut as you say, he has very good grounds for a lawsuit and he should get a more ambitious lawyer.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:32 AM

If it is as cut and dry like you said it is....like others have stated....there is plenty of grounds for a lawsuit.

Why does that sound fishy to you Simp? I think KY is the same way, where if you have broken wildlife laws and regs and the case is still pending you aren't allowed to hunt....A guy I know is going through this over waterfowl hunting near a "baited" barn lot (hunting a pond out behind the cattle barn which is used as a feed lot in the winter)...they took his gear and gun...fined him and he can't hunt atleast until his court date...where he will likely loose the right to hunt for a set period after that. Im not close to the guy or anything, just know of his situation. Not saying he doesn't deserve being fined, but it sometimes seems these officers stick it to the guy trying to follow the rules to the extreme....when they SHOULD be out looking for the real poachers.

But as it goes, for every 10 good officers there is 1 bad one to ruin all of their reputations. Almost all the wildlife officers I know are great guys and awesome to talk to.....they arent out to punish every guy out fishing or hunting. I like running into them out on the river during the summertime, seeing what kind of research project they were working on.

As sad as it is, some of them use their power to carry out personal grudges or whims...regardless if it is right or wrong.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Banned

I killed 3 nice bucks in 2 states this year...if a dumbass like me can do it...why can't he?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

TEmbry-It is like you said, there are some good officers and then there are the Bad ones..

Hardcore- 3 great bucks in 2 states is a feat you should be very proud of, GOOD JOB!!!!!

I do think he has a Very Good case to go after them, but they will drag it out and it will cost this guy money for the lawyer fees and the feds have unlimited money..
Old 01-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry
Why does that sound fishy to you Simp? I think KY is the same way, where if you have broken wildlife laws and regs and the case is still pending you aren't allowed to hunt....

The key difference between the case in question and the case that you mentioned is that there were indeedlaws broken. The guy was hunting next to a feed lot.Solid factual evidence. Not speculation. I thought it sounded fishy because I can't believe that a L.E.O. would confiscate property on the assumption that a law had been violated. Usually there are two sides to every story and we're only hearing one side from a second-hand source. Either there's more to the story that we're not hearing, or the Game Warden is playing Russian Roulette with his job. I just can't believe that a Game Warden would be that stupid. That's all. I think there's more to the story that we're not hearing.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

eveybody has a right to there opinion!!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Spike

"I just can't believe that a Game Warden would be that stupid. "
Why not simp?......because their educated?.. let me tell you education can lead to knowledge but it doesn't guarantee intelligence or common sense! .....I had a neighbor that spent 15 years turning his 200 acres into some very,very nice deer habitat,and he spent a fortune doing it,his pic with some of these bucks ended up finding their way to some local archery and gun shops, our anti-hunting game warden set his sights on this fella, harrassing the crap out of him on his own land..Why because he was a bowhunter and bowhunters can't shoot deer like that... well my neighbor ended up selling his property because this warden wouldn't leave him or anyone on his property alone, it is a sad state we live in today when the people we turn to for help, turn on us instead....and let me say for the record that my neighbor was one of the most ethical hunters I've ever met and had the privilige to hunt with.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

my 2cents, Why are our Goverment agencies and Federal agencies allowed to "drag out" cases? TOTAL BS!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:21 AM

Well the part of the story I didn't mention about the feed lot case is....two others were charged without being caught. a few guys go hunt the pond that morning, and leave due to no ducks being killed and it was cold. The main guy goes back to get the decoys around lunch, BY HIMSELF, and that is when the warden pulls up. He bullies and threatens, confiscates the guys gun on sight, along with dekes and gear, and asks who else hunted there this morning....the "friend" gave his two partners names and addresses....and the warden goes to there house, rights them a ticket and takes their gun as well. All three have court dates, two of which were not even there when the warden made the bust...the one that was there wasn't even hunting.

Like I said, they don't need cold hard evidence in a lot of cases....whims and assumptions ARE acted on in that field. Not by many of the officers as most are stand up guys...but some will. I think the difference is....the good officers assume you are legal hunters and look for proof of wrong doing....the bad officers go around assuming everybody is a lawbreaking poacher, and he can and should ticket them for anything possible, whether the facts are there or not.

Oh well, they are needed, more of them actually, and really try to help keep it clean out there. I am behind them the entire way in their efforts.

Best of luck to your friend Opel on getting his antlers back and straightening this out....ridiculous as it is, it may just be time to put the past behind him and move on.

Quick Reply: RANT!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.