Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who Gets Disgusted.... >

Who Gets Disgusted....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Gets Disgusted....

Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default Who Gets Disgusted....

Watching these outdoor shows featuring bowhunters taking TERRIBLE shots at deer?? I might be beating a dead horse, but for the sake of our newbies, please, PLEASE don't shoot at a head on / quartering to / facing dead away shot at a living creature!!! And for Pete's sake, don't turn around and hi-five / smack knuckles with your buddy / camera man when you just put an arrow through the paunch of a buck. These mooks are actually happy and proud of the #%**-poor shot they just made. It ain't cool, dude. I mean, if you bow-hunt, and you take an ethical shot, and don't hit your mark, it happens, but don't turn around with a big cheesey grin and shake somebody's hand for it!! I guess the straw that broke the camel's back for me was watching previews the other day of a guy with a bow taking a hard quartering-to shot at a friigin HIPPO!!! I just think these network shows are sending the wrong message. Sorry but I had to vent.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:46 AM

Default RE: Who Gets Disgusted....

Beat the hell out of that dead horse! I think there should always be a thread floating around the front page talking about taking good shots. A lot of people bypass the stickys and go right for the active threads. When I first got on this forum, I was willing to shoot at a deer from any angle at any distance (thankfully I hadnt yet).
First thing I saw when I pulled up the bowhunting forum was a thread about bad shots, and someone getting sack punched for being an idiot.

Beat this dead horse for years to come people!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Spike

Totally agree, spread the word and beat the hell out of that horse.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Banned

I find the shows quite boring and quit watching them.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, the only reason I ever watch those shows is because my dad is addicted to them (for some reason) but when I watching them with him I always say "what a horrible shot angle" or "never ever take a shot like that" I just hate how they are excited about it too, it gets annoying very, very fast.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

I hate shows with guys shooting these expensive top of the line rifles with the top of the line scopes and some guy spotting his shot updating him on wind speed and direction. [:@]
Old 01-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats because she took the TV man. Dont lie to us.

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I find the shows quite boring and quit watching them.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Hey huntingman, u live in hortonville?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

AFAIC, the hunting show/vid industry boom is likely the worst thing that ever happened in the sport. Very few of the shows are actually quality programming- most are infommercials presented by people I sure as hell don't want representing archery/hunting.

*thwack*

WOOOHOOOOOO..DID YOU SEE THAT?? DID YOU SEE THAT???? (SHAKES FIST)

WHAT A (insert one of the following 1)PIG, 2) HAWG, 3) BUCK). HE IS ( insert one of the following A) MASSIVE B) HUGE, C) A HOSS) ..DID YOU SEE THAT??? I CAN"T BELIEVE IT...watch him..watch him...he went right through there (points finger)...Oh...OH...HE'S DOWN..OH YEAH..HE"S DOWN BABY....HE IS DOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNN... THAT (insert Bow Brand & Broadhead type- arrow shaft type is optional) TOOK HIM DOWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNnnnnn. GAWL-LEEEEEEEEE. WOOOO. I can't believe it...I CAN"T BELIEVE IT. THAT WAS AWWWEEEEESOOMMMMEEEE BAYYYYYBEEEEEE.

General over exaggerated high fives, laughing, backslapping, hat slapping and other idiocy continues as the camera cuts to the obligatory "THERE'S MY ARROW" trailing sequence followed by another " THAT( broadhead brand) SURE DID THE JOB! MANNNNnnn.

THERE HE IS...THERE HE IS!!! MAN ALIVE WHAT A DEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was watching the show with Michael Hanback, where they hunt from the ground. On one of the hunts, the deer suddenly turned and ran past the cameraman that was in front of Michael. He swung around on full draw to get a shot on the buck, and he pointed his bow directly at the cameraman at one point. I don't know about you, but I would not like a person to swing his fully drawn bow past me at any point.

Quick Reply: Who Gets Disgusted....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.