Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who Gets Disgusted.... >

Who Gets Disgusted....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Gets Disgusted....

Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who Gets Disgusted....

They can do that cause they don't have to show the deer that they can't find. They only show the deer they do find. Bad thing about it is they get paid for it.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Black Shelton took a shot like that on Bone Collectors. The thing is the deer was walking to him and was going to pass by him giving him a perfect broadside shot. Instead he stops him quarting to him about 20 yards and shoots him in the neck. He was lucky the deer dropped in his tracks but I think it was a terrible shot. I love watching the guy but I didnt agree with his choice of shot at all.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

You mean guys like Tred the spanker Barta, who shoots atrunning animals?[:@]Yes, it's not quality viewing for the young hunter, or any hunter for that matter.[:'(]
Old 01-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

I honestly don't notice so many bad shots being taken as bad shots being made! When a "pro" admits it thats fine but so many times any shot that hits is brushed off as a great shot.[:'(]
Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Spike

Tred barta is the biggest joke i've ever seen. I wonder how many animals who has carelessly wounded hunting the barta way.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JeffB

AFAIC, the hunting show/vid industry boom is likely the worst thing that ever happened in the sport. Very few of the shows are actually quality programming- most are infommercials presented by people I sure as hell don't want representing archery/hunting.

*thwack*

WOOOHOOOOOO..DID YOU SEE THAT?? DID YOU SEE THAT???? (SHAKES FIST)

WHAT A (insert one of the following 1)PIG, 2) HAWG, 3) BUCK). HE IS ( insert one of the following A) MASSIVE B) HUGE, C) A HOSS) ..DID YOU SEE THAT??? I CAN"T BELIEVE IT...watch him..watch him...he went right through there (points finger)...Oh...OH...HE'S DOWN..OH YEAH..HE"S DOWN BABY....HE IS DOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNN... THAT (insert Bow Brand & Broadhead type- arrow shaft type is optional) TOOK HIM DOWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNnnnnn. GAWL-LEEEEEEEEE. WOOOO. I can't believe it...I CAN"T BELIEVE IT. THAT WAS AWWWEEEEESOOMMMMEEEE BAYYYYYBEEEEEE.

General over exaggerated high fives, laughing, backslapping, hat slapping and other idiocy continues as the camera cuts to the obligatory "THERE'S MY ARROW" trailing sequence followed by another " THAT( broadhead brand) SURE DID THE JOB! MANNNNnnn.

THERE HE IS...THERE HE IS!!! MAN ALIVE WHAT A DEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Stuff!! LMAO!!!

I'm not much of a fan of videos/hunting shows either, but when I do watch it never ceases to amaze me some of the crappy shots they show.[:@]

Dan
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

Black Shelton took a shot like that on Bone Collectors. The thing is the deer was walking to him and was going to pass by him giving him a perfect broadside shot. Instead he stops him quarting to him about 20 yards and shoots him in the neck. He was lucky the deer dropped in his tracks but I think it was a terrible shot. I love watching the guy but I didnt agree with his choice of shot at all.
The only problem I see with that is that he didn't hit the deer where he needed to. I do not have any problem taking a 1/4 to shot and feel it is a very deadly shot with a target the same size as a 1/4 away shot. Everyone always argues, "yeah but miss either way...blah,blah, blah."Yeah, with a 1/4 away, miss one side and you get guts, the other you get shoulder or one lung...same deal as 1/4 to.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I am not saying that bad shots aren't taken but I think some of you fail to realize that the bowhunter may have a completely different angle than the cameraman. What you are seeing as a straight on angle may be broadside to the hunter.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

The problem with a quartering to shot is the steeper the angle the more bone is in the way.

Slight quartering to? Probably Ok, but not ideal.

Quartering away shot is much preferred anyday and much more room for error. Yeah, you can screw any shot up, but I don't think there are many people who would argue that a quartering away shot is much preferred and has much more room for error.

Most of the time guys take a quartering to shot a little patience would have yielded them a much better shot.

Dan
Old 01-12-2009, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Quartering away shot is much preferred anyday and much more room for error.
Dan
Where is the "much more room"? There isn't. The kill zone is exactly the same size.

Quick Reply: Who Gets Disgusted....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.