Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who Gets Disgusted.... >

Who Gets Disgusted....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Gets Disgusted....

Old 01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Who Gets Disgusted....

The kill zone may be the same size, but part of it is covered by arrow deflecting/catching bone on a 1/4 to shot.

It's easy to slip an arrow behind either shoulder on a 1/4 away shot. Not so with 1/4 to.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think a lot of y'all take things way too seriously. It's TV!! Watch it for entertainment value or turn something else on. Why does it seem like you people continually watch something that ticks you off? Makes no sense to me. [&:]
Old 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

The kill zone may be the same size, but part of it is covered by arrow deflecting/catching bone on a 1/4 to shot.

It's easy to slip an arrow behind either shoulder on a 1/4 away shot. Not so with 1/4 to.
Correct!! That's why the target is basically smaller.

At least what you can effectively hit is smaller

Dan
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I think a lot of y'all take things way too seriously. It's TV!! Watch it for entertainment value or turn something else on. Why does it seem like you people continually watch something that ticks you off? Makes no sense to me. [&:]
It doesn't bother me! I get a Good Laugh from most of it.

The Sad part is there are many that use it to learn from and hence make Bad shot selections, etc.

I once saw Noel Feather shoot a deer square in the neck and then proclaim a heart shot.

Yeah!! I know it was Noel Feather![8D]

Dan
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

What bone? Hit between the sternum and the near shoulder (which is best if back obviously). All ribcage. I had a great pic to show instead of debate but cannot find it. You've seen it Christine, the one from the IL Show of the standing deer skeleton.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Not sure if this comment was directed at me or not, but I don't watch it anymore. It's not very entertaining either, IMO. If I want to watch ignorant rednecks make fools of themselves on camera I'd rather watch COPS.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont so much get tired of seeing a bad shot, because stuff happens. What I absolutely cannot stand though, is when they shoot and you can see it was a horrible shot, yet theyll say how they "smoked him" or "made the perfect shot." Ummmm do they think that everyone who watches the show is an absolute moron? Do they really want to preach that half of those garbage shots they make are "perfect"? What if some young kid or new hunter is watching these shows and watches this trash then goes out and shoots a deer in the woods the same way.. Then they wonder why they cant find it..

Another thing I cant stand... The shooter makes a bad shot on the animal, ofcourse they say "it was a perfect shot" yet they show NONE of the tracking and how it most likely took 6 hours to find.. And when they get there they congratulate themselves on how great a shot they made.. Stop fooling yourselves.. Thats what gets to me..
Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Not only taking poor shots but these so called pro hunters that can't hit the broad side of a barn, namely Lary Wischun, or however you spell it. I can't even count the number of times I've seen him miss. With both pistol and rifle, and somehow he's lucky enough to get a second, third, or fourth shot on the same deer. I've only shot7 deer so far, but I've only missed 3 times in 9 years that I've been hunting, not 3 times in a couple minutes. Jeff Foxworthy aint any better. I've see him shoot an antler off of two deer.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

Black Shelton took a shot like that on Bone Collectors. The thing is the deer was walking to him and was going to pass by him giving him a perfect broadside shot. Instead he stops him quarting to him about 20 yards and shoots him in the neck. He was lucky the deer dropped in his tracks but I think it was a terrible shot. I love watching the guy but I didnt agree with his choice of shot at all.
I saw that. That was ridiculous
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont so much get tired of seeing a bad shot, because stuff happens.
It's not the Bad shots that bother me.

It's the Bad Shot Selections!

Dan

Quick Reply: Who Gets Disgusted....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.