Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need advise

Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Spike

Default Need advise

I am looking into a new bow. I have a 2001 Matthews SQ2. Ihaveshot the Alphamax 32 and a PSE X force (dream Season). I am a lefty and my shop is waiting for the lefty Reezins to arrive. I really liked the feel of the Alphamax but when I hit the valley on the draw I would knock the arrow off the rest. The rest was a cheap stationary rest that was just thrown on for the demo.I am a 27" draw and the demo bow was 29" Could I expect to have a smootherdraw with the right draw length and a different rest?
The PSE was a smoother draw but the grip was so tiny compared to my SQ2. Any thoughts on getting used to a tiny grip?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need advise

I believe you could expect a smoother draw cycle with the AM32 once you have one that fits you correctly. I say this because the valley would be more natural place for you, where as when you are drawing a bow with too long of a DL you have have to draw pass where you normally would stop. I have not shot the Reezin yet, but if a smooth draw cycle is important to you, I would recommend you checking out the DXT. I know it is not Matthews latest and greatest, but I do believe that is the smoothest bow I have ever drawn back. Whatever you do, do not settle. Keep drawing and shooting bows until you find one that you fall in love with. Good luck in your search!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Spike

Default RE: Need advise

Thanks kb I will wait for the Reezin to come in and then decide. In the meantime I will check out a DXT. I sure liked the AM32 and still might go with it.