Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Mechanical Broadheads?? >

Which Mechanical Broadheads??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Mechanical Broadheads??

Old 01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Mechanical Broadheads??

I don't shoot mechanicals myself but I am looking at trying them this year and I am looking at the Snyper 3 blade.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

but I have actually got bigger wounds from my Snypers (not exactly sure how that is possible), and the blood trails with the Snyper was better than with the Rage.
Yeah I hear ya on that actually! My dad and buddy have shot Snypers for awhile now and the holes and blood trails have been awesome! My buddy just shot a doe the other night with a Snyper that had a four inch entry hole!!! Very good broadheads. I believe that they are going to be stopping production on them though so if ya want them ya might want to stock up!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would advise you to use a fixed blade head like the Slick Trick, Muzzy MX, or the G5 Montec. These are strong sharp heads with a very low failure rate.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:37 PM

well I hate to say it but rage should not be in any body's quiver.

they are WELL KNOWN for failing to open, yes I'm aware that some people have used them and experienced the "Rage" as it should be. BUT anything that has a good 30% of its reviews of it not opening and wounding game, I'm not going to touch it with a ten foot pole.

I used Muzzy's but the don't fly good passed 50yd, I would never take game at a unethical range but when your 5 miles in the wood and the hunting turns to a survival situation I like knowing that my capability for survival shots are there along with my broad head capabilities. BUT this is relevant to MY area.

any way, I use hammer head broad heads from rocket arrowheads by trophy ridge. it is a 3 blade with a 2inch cutting dia. they fly and work great. but your bow must shoot over 260fps for a minimum speed. I'm not sure if there is a bow made today that is under 310fps
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM

Grimm Reaper

Yea !
Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

trophy ridge undertakers, they do the job.... i tryed the rage and i couldve made a more durable broadhead out of plastic, not impressed
Old 01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be carefull when saying fixed heads can't fail!!! heck there is one fixed head that has been mentioned on this thread several times already "M" that when you bought a box of them 2 out of the six would have bent ferals!! I haven't heard of the problem now for a long time butthey did for along time also.. Walt
Old 01-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

but your bow must shoot over 260fps for a minimum speed. I'm not sure if there is a bow made today that is under 310fps
Are you talking about IBO speeds there?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, mechanicals require more KE, not necessarily more speed.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

but your bow must shoot over 260fps for a minimum speed. I'm not sure if there is a bow made today that is under 310fps
Are you talking about IBO speeds there?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, mechanicals require more KE, not necessarily more speed.
yes IBO if they where AMO then damn those bows are moving !!

true but there is a fine balance of weight-speed-KE

I like to get my KE from a light arrow and lots of speed ( which is why I need a new bow )
Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 PM

snypers are great

Quick Reply: Which Mechanical Broadheads??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.