Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Mechanical Broadheads?? >

Which Mechanical Broadheads??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Mechanical Broadheads??

Old 01-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Mechanical Broadheads??

No dought I hunted in Michigan Christmas eve and it was about as bad as you could get with freezen rain and I have on film my buddy smoking a big ole doe and with ice on everything it worked perfect.. shoot what makes you happy but don't throw all these make shift what if's at us. Mech. have proven there self's in the last couple of years. If you don't like them don't shoot thembut don't sit here and tell me all that could go wrong with them because I know don't some bows because of sertain reasons and I could sit here and tell ya all why not to shoot that bow and ya know what there will be a bunchof guys that love it.. If you don't like mech. great don't shot them I don't want to shoot fixed blades rightnow So lets just all live with that.. Walt
Old 01-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

haha. nicely put.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

annika3 before you set out to call someone stupid at least make sure you have your spelling and grammar correct first otherwise it sorta turns the table on you.Our is spelled our not "are". It was an honest scenario, not an "analogy". How did I know that someone would come running to the crying defense of their bh of choice like a follower to his god of choice. LOfrikknL

Hey, just wait til "it" happens.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get some Slick Trick fixed blades and besides the Razors for blades...they are one peice ferrules, EXTREMELY strong and super sharp, Deadly accurate and you never have to worry about those blades breaking because of their locking system.

Save yourself A LOT of hassle and go with Slick Tricks. They will always work. Providing you do your part, take care of em and place your shots
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Your bow can be in perfect tun all it wants. What happens in a situation where it's drizzling then stopsand the late afternoon hours' temperatures cause that drizzle which made it inside the mechanism of your mechanical to freeze? All of a sudden tune don't mean much of anything does it? And even if it doesn't fail then, what does moisture build up over time and crud from being in the woods do to moving parts?
Hoyttail, Be carefull about dishing others about there spelling, Tune is spelled TUNE not TUN!!!!!Walt

Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM

i personaly will never hunt with a mechanical but if i HAD to with every thing you said i would use rage 3 blade yes the 2 blade has a wider cutting diam. but the 3 blades are better in my opp. because the 2 blade is well just two slits and the 3 blade is more like a hole and lets be real here a hole will bleed more and better than a straight line cut
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

In a perfect world I use the Slick Trick FIXED. It makes the world perfect. Flys like a dart and passes thru animals.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 PM

RAGE2BLADEyou cant go wrong with them!!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 PM

Well, after shooting a buck with a Rage today I can tell you that I will be going back to the good ol' Rocky Mt Snypers for next year. The Rage didn't perform bad, clean pass through, no damage, dead deer, but I have actually got bigger wounds from my Snypers (not exactly sure how that is possible), and the blood trails with the Snyper was better than with the Rage. I hit about 8 inches behind the shoulder on the entrance and it exited right behind the opposite front shoulder. The blood trail was almost non-exsistant for the first 65 yards or so, it literally took me 20 minutes to find the first drop on a clean pass through [:-]. I havn't shot enough animals with either to give a good comparison, but I do know that the Snypers perform as well or better and they cost a good bit less
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 AM

Some dont like em, that is very clear. But if you have your heart set on a mech, my advice is to go with the rage 3 blade. I have only this years experience with them, but on 5 does I got all complete pass throughs, all major damadge, huge blood trails and didnt have one run over 50-60 yards. These heads have been great, I dont plan on changing. We will see how they work on the turk come april.

Quick Reply: Which Mechanical Broadheads??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.