Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crossbow debate

Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crossbow debate

As long as I can pull, hold and shoot a conventional bow that is the way I will hunt.

If I become unable to, then I would use a Crossbow in a heartbeat to continue Bowhunting.

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM

I like having a separate bowseason from crossbows personally, but to be honest...it wouldn't change much AT ALL if Kentucky switched over to where crossbows can be used for the entire archery season...it is practically that way already. They can be used in any gun or muzzleloader season, as well as a two month crossbow season. Archery basically gains September and half of January.....would it flip this state upside down if crossbow hunters gained access to the September and January woods? I think not.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 AM

I guess I should add, I don't understand some guys attitudes that are TOTALLY against them..in any use. Some guys would flat out say a healthy man shouldn't be allowed to hunt with them...which is crazy to me. Why not allow them in gun and muzzleloader season? Why not allow them their own season?

I just can't understand the mindset that is against a perfectly lethal weapon for hunting in any way, shape, or form.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Trevor,when they introduced the Crossbow season in Ky it was going to be the whole archery season.Our bowhunting clubs in the state threw a fit and got it changed.

We need to be careful,I agree about having a separate season but they could just take it to the next extreme and put compounds in the same kind of category and say traditional only for the full season.

Ok guys,be careful what you wish for,it just might come true.[8D]
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Spike

Just for the record, I am not against using crossbows. just against using them during bow season.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

I have always been worried that some day Minnesota will eventually open the archery season to crossbows and it will turn into the same thing as rifle season. Everyone and there brother and cousin and way to many other people will be walking around all over the place and ruining it, this is one of the biggest reasons I picked up a bow.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

it just seems to me that if someone wanted to up the challenge to their hunting, why not use a compound or trad bow. Crossbows seem like a gun that shoots arrows to me. However, for physically disabled people who wanna continue to hunt, crossbows are great, im sure.. But I dont think I'd hunt with one.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

Everyone,

I have not heard anyone mention crossbows on here, in quite sometime. Maybe it is because it is a bowhunting forum?
That, and I really believe folks are tired (I know I am) of all the go no where,back and forth bickering.[:'(]If you want to hunt with one, and it's legal, do it. If you don't want to hunt one, don't.Real simple.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: ICALL2MUCH

Everyone,

I have not heard anyone mention crossbows on here, in quite sometime. Maybe it is because it is a bowhunting forum?
That, and I really believe folks are tired (I know I am) of all the go no where, back and forth bickering.[:'(] If you want to hunt with one, and it's legal, do it. If you don't want to hunt one, don't. Real simple.

Seems simple enough! But, I find good reasons on both sides. It makes for an interesting debate, when folks reply with and encourage different perspectives. Thanks for yours!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Whatever MichaelP, I'm not nor did I say anything to start a debate with you. I know exactly what crossbows are capable of, I hunted a few years with Cardeer, you probably don't know him as he was the 69th member here on this board and I am the 76th so it was before your time. Anyway he hunts with a crossbow and taught me all about them. I'm not ignorant about crossbows, maybe about a lot of other thingsbut I know what they can and cannot do. No argument here. If it's a legal hunting weapon and you want to hunt with it do so, you don't have to come on here and defend yourself, at least not with me.

Quick Reply: Crossbow debate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.