Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just wait 'til next year! >

Just wait 'til next year!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just wait 'til next year!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Just wait 'til next year!

As a Red Sox fan I am very familiar with this phrase. They finally got it done. Now I have to.
I learned a lot on the new land this year. It took me quite a while but I got a good idea of where I need to be and when I need to be there.
I have trees picked out for stands and a couple of deadfalls picked out to set up with the longbow.
I will more than likely eat tag soup this year. I may get lucky and get another chance to hunt this year. Season ends 1-4-09. If I get a chance to go I may get lucky and fill a tag. I won't be holding my breath about either prospect though.
Besides finding stand locations for next year I have also planted some winter food plots. I will keep the plots going through spring and summer with temperature appropriate crops.
Eating tag soup sucks. I had a great learning season and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I made some good new friends at deer camp and had fun. BUT EATING TAG SOUP STILL SUCKS!
What are you doing to increase your chances for next year?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just wait 'til next year!

Yes!!!!! Finally!!!! Another Red Sox fan!!! I was beginning to think that I was the only one......lol

Oh yeah, you are talking about hanging treestands.....ummmmmm, yeah, I have the same plans.......lol[8D]
Old 12-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

As a Red Sox fan I am very familiar with this phrase. They finally got it done. Now I have to.
I learned a lot on the new land this year. It took me quite a while but I got a good idea of where I need to be and when I need to be there.
I have trees picked out for stands and a couple of deadfalls picked out to set up with the longbow.
I will more than likely eat tag soup this year. I may get lucky and get another chance to hunt this year. Season ends 1-4-09. If I get a chance to go I may get lucky and fill a tag. I won't be holding my breath about either prospect though.
Besides finding stand locations for next year I have also planted some winter food plots. I will keep the plots going through spring and summer with temperature appropriate crops.
Eating tag soup sucks. I had a great learning season and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I made some good new friends at deer camp and had fun. BUT EATING TAG SOUP STILL SUCKS!
What are you doing to increase your chances for next year?
I new I liked you TX!
I started scouting yesterday, 2-days after 8" of fresh snow fell.
Jumped 7 or 8 deer a little further back into a very productive spot, so I have picked out 3 new stand locations for next year.

Another 12" of snow feel last night, so back out tomorrow with the cameras and to another "new" hopeful spot.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

TX--I hear you man. Sometimes it is hard to accept being shut-out so to speak. The only time I was shut out during a hunting season since 1995 was in 2005 because I wanted to be some big bad big buck hunter. I passed little bucks all year and did not shoot any does because I did not want to disturb anything. It was a hard pill to swallow but it made me appreciate the hunting woods that much more...and I know your experience will do the same. You are going to have a fantastic season in 09. Best of luck and I hope you get a shot at something before the season closes.