Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone else eat this? >

Anyone else eat this?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else eat this?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone else eat this?

a couple of my buddies eat hearts...i cant seem to bring myself to do it...i know its a muscle and is probably going to taste just like steak or chops or anything else from a deer...

buddy says its the best part of a deer (to him) and he loves it...he comes home and slices it up and cooks it ASAP...

i dont know why i wont even give it a try...and i dont think it has anything to do with just the fact that its "part of the insides" i can kill my deer, gut them, and butcher them and cook them and eat them..i just havent brought myself to eating the heart...
Old 12-12-2008, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Never had it. If I ever figure out how to fix itI may try it. I have had the liver when my grandfather used to make it...it was great....

All I do is cut it out of the deer and let it soak in water in the fridge over night. The next morning I take it out clean it out really good and cut it into steaks. Throw into some flour and into the skillet and ready to eat.
you could probably do his testicles the same way...NO thank you I'm going to stick to the straps, tenders, and hams. Hope ya'll enjoy!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lnen#1

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Never had it. If I ever figure out how to fix itI may try it. I have had the liver when my grandfather used to make it...it was great....

All I do is cut it out of the deer and let it soak in water in the fridge over night. The next morning I take it out clean it out really good and cut it into steaks. Throw into some flour and into the skillet and ready to eat.
you could probably do his testicles the same way...NO thank you I'm going to stick to the straps, tenders, and hams. Hope ya'll enjoy!
haha no thanks
Old 12-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've also had liver my gramps used to make when he took deer off an old apple orchard near his home, (when he was still alive). Never tasted heart, I'd try it though