Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nobody to blame but yourself... >

Nobody to blame but yourself...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nobody to blame but yourself...

Old 12-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Nobody to blame but yourself...

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I don't agree totally. There are many things that we can contol. If one of these things cost us a deer then it's our fault. there are many things we can't control. How can we blame ourselves for them?

If you suscribe to the "it's always your fault" theory then I believe that you would also have to believe that if you aresuccessful then it's all your doing. I don't believe that eithor. Example: I break every rule of good hunting and afox bumps a huge buck up and he runs under my tree and I shoot him. Was that my doing?

Her's another example: I go hunting with Schultzy. The night before, Steve gets me real drunk. I'm so hung over the next day that I missa big buck. THAT"S STEVES FAULT![8D]
The only way I see It being my fault In this scenario Is we were celebrating on me finally getting a good buck for the year! I'll take the blame anytime then.[8D]
Old 12-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it is his fault but it's your fault for not being drunk enough to stay in bed.

Her's another example: I go hunting with Schultzy. The night before, Steve gets me real drunk. I'm so hung over the next day that I missa big buck. THAT"S STEVES FAULT![8D]
Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I don't agree totally. There are many things that we can contol. If one of these things cost us a deer then it's our fault. there are many things we can't control. How can we blame ourselves for them?

If you suscribe to the "it's always your fault" theory then I believe that you would also have to believe that if you aresuccessful then it's all your doing. I don't believe that eithor. Example: I break every rule of good hunting and afox bumps a huge buck up and he runs under my tree and I shoot him. Was that my doing?

The only way I see It being my fault In this scenario Is we were celebrating on me finally getting a good buck for the year! I'll take the blame anytime then.[8D]
here's to hoping it's your fault
Old 12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the way Todd, I found a decent track yesterday. I can't go back to the woods until tomorrow or the next day.[:@] I want In now so I can set up!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would agree that in most cases your right, the hunter should take 'responsibility' for his success/failures. And I'll be the first to admit that I've messed up more times that I care to admit.

However, there have been a couple of cases of the years, where I don't feel that it was my fault either....

Here's one that still gives me nightmares....

I spotted a book buck bedded in a picked cornfield with a doe. I had crawled through all types of nasty stickers, taken my shoes off (to reduce sound), I had done everything right in my opinion and had just closed the gap to 30 yards and was looking for my best shooting lane when my uncle comes driving through the cornfield with his truck (like 40 yards behind me). Some part had fallen off the combine and he was looking for it. Needless to say, the buck sprang up and took off - never offered me a shot. That's just plain bad luck, no ones fault....

Had he not driven through the field, I still don't know if I would have got him. But I would love to be able to go back in time and give it a shot.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My release went off at the wrong time and killed the wrong deer.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

You simply cannot control all the factors that go into bowhunting. Even if you could, you can't predict the correct course of action every time.

You can improve your chances. You cannot guarantee. This is part of the fun, it is a challenge.