Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The best bows out there... >

The best bows out there...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best bows out there...

Old 12-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The best bows out there...

ORIGINAL: bitterroot21

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

First of all I want to say welcome to the bowhunting forum huntingirl 89. Don't believe I've seen you in here before.

I'm with you on this one. I myself hunt with an old PSE bow from time to time and have taken 2 P&Y animals with it. I don't know if some of us feel like we have to keep up with the Jones' or what, but I have no problem with someone shooting an older bow. I would put my old PSEup against some of these guys with these new Bowtechs anyday!

Sounds to melike you have Bow envy. Why name Bowtech specifically? Personally I have a Bowtech and I am confident in my ability with it. It may not be as new as some but it is an 06. I guess according to you I am Keeping Up With The Jones'. Nice generalization on your part.

How's the handshock on that old bow of yours? Noise?

Whatever....
Touche'!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: hntngirl

I can't believe people even spend money on bows. I made my best bow out of a BBQ fork and a bungee cord.
Granted, it only had a range of about 8 & 1/2 feet, but with my skills, that's all I needed.
Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all I want to say welcome to the bowhunting forum huntingirl 89. Don't believe I've seen you in here before.

I'm with you on this one. I myself hunt with an old PSE bow from time to time and have taken 2 P&Y animals with it. I don't know if some of us feel like we have to keep up with the Jones' or what, but I have no problem with someone shooting an older bow. I would put my old PSEup against some of these guys with these new Bowtechs anyday!

Sounds to melike you have Bow envy. Why name Bowtech specifically? Personally I have a Bowtech and I am confident in my ability with it. It may not be as new as some but it is an 06. I guess according to you I am Keeping Up With The Jones'. Nice generalization on your part.

Whatever....
Easy there bitterroot! I said I shoot an old PSE from time to time. I have another bow that is my main bow and believe it or not it's a bowtech! OH MY!!! I just like to shoot the old bow that I used for my first bow kill. Nothing wrong with that is there??
Old 12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

A burnie custom r-d longbow. In osage and bambo, or even brazilian walnut and bamboo. I hear they are the tops.
Burnie...when should I place my order for one of these? Seriously...I really want one this spring after I get some tax money!! If you are interested in making me one that is...
Ive got two going right now and trying to find time to work on them. Ive got an Ipe bamboo, and a Ipe, white oak with rattle snake skin for a backing. Ive got a butt load of furniture to make as well in the next two weeks. Remind me when you are ready, I get real serious with my bow making in the spring and summer.
Well buddy...take this as notice. Put my name on your list and when you get to going...shoot me a message so we can work out details!! I don't want to miss out on a burnie special!!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT...........wow this is all out war I believe

Bowhunting Forum VS. Off Season

BOW HUNTING

OFF SEASON
please dont tell me im the only one who thinks that this is funny[&o]
Old 12-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

A burnie custom r-d longbow. In osage and bambo, or even brazilian walnut and bamboo. I hear they are the tops.
Burnie...when should I place my order for one of these? Seriously...I really want one this spring after I get some tax money!! If you are interested in making me one that is...
Ive got two going right now and trying to find time to work on them. Ive got an Ipe bamboo, and a Ipe, white oak with rattle snake skin for a backing. Ive got a butt load of furniture to make as well in the next two weeks. Remind me when you are ready, I get real serious with my bow making in the spring and summer.
Well buddy...take this as notice. Put my name on your list and when you get to going...shoot me a message so we can work out details!! I don't want to miss out on a burnie special!!
Your a lucky man!!! Burnie Is good!!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

BOW HUNTING

OFF SEASON
Ok...so i won't tell you.

I was a regular in the Bow forum long before the offseason. I was a regular in the bow forum before you even were allowed on the internet!! Just because we hang out in the offseason don't mean you are any better at anything then us.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Whatever....
Easy there bitterroot! I said I shoot an old PSE from time to time. I have another bow that is my main bow and believe it or not it's a bowtech! OH MY!!! I just like to shoot the old bow that I used for my first bow kill. Nothing wrong with that is there??
No nothing wrong with that, but to make a blanket statement about some crappy old bow being a better shooter than the new ones is crazy, oh wait you are just claiming to be a better archer than anyone with a new bow.

You can't even decide which bow to use.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

BOW HUNTING

OFF SEASON
Ok...so i won't tell you.

I was a regular in the Bow forum long before the offseason. I was a regular in the bow forum before you even were allowed on the internet!! Just because we hang out in the offseason don't mean you are any better at anything then us.
thanks
BTW
that is generaly wat people do in the off season JMO
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an old 1954 Bear longbow... That one will work for deer I assure you.

Your right you don't need the newest thing to hit the market. I got cought up in that once though I never had the money to buy much. Untill my most recent bow, all my bows cost me around 100 bucks. the bow I recently replace cost me 100 on clearance at walmart 14-15 years ago. I have killed many deer with it. My new bow cost me 3 times that. But it still is not the other end of the scale for sure.

Heck I make my own osage selfbows. They will kill deer too. And they only cost me the sweat it takes to make them...

However, If someone has the money and wants to keep up with the newest latest gizmos in archery...More power to them... I have no need in shooting 350 fps. I just don't. But I think its rather cool people have made an industry designing an selling bows that advance every year, at least in speed.

Remember overdraws. How many people shot those. Raise your hands (mine is) I've spent my fair share on gizmos...I'll let someone else support the industry now. And to behonest...Thats good for our sport.Gaining bow hunterswill keep us able to hunt in the future.

Quick Reply: The best bows out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.