Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping your hands warm on stand >

Keeping your hands warm on stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping your hands warm on stand

Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Keeping your hands warm on stand

Can't beat handwarmers in a muff. Not sure what kind of release you could be using to not allow you to fit that hand inside the muff (easy davidmil dont' take that the wrong way)[:-]. I wear a pair of Under Armour gloves with my hands stuck inside a muff with a hand warmer. Worked for me as cold as -28 degree temps.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a pair of mid temp cheap gloves that I wear. My heavy coat has pockets that are situated just right for me to put my hands in them. I jst load up on the handwarmers, and leave my hands in there. But I still have not figured out how to keep them from freezing when you have to pick up the bow.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I put handwarmers in my gloves but on the backside of my hands...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:55 AM

Hand warmers inside of handwarming pouch. Release attached to loop at all times, and hand in pouch holding hand warmer.. (bow sits on my lap)
Old 12-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

This is what killed me for years. I started to carry one of those treestand mats with me and stand on it. Or I'll stand on a therma seat if ground hunting.The only bad thing about the mats is if you get frozen snow on your boots or the mat. Gotta try to keep it clean the best you can. But sure keeps the feet warmer.

ORIGINAL: sandilands

Now with that being said if you sit in a treestand with a metal platform........ the metal sucks the heat out.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Spike

Thanks for all the advice fellas. I took my muff out yesterday morning and loaded it with handwarmers. My muff felt like an oven! Hands stayed nice and toasty. My release was a little bulky to get in and out of the muff but I got it in there. The only problem was that the velcrow on it wanted to catch on the muff. Would not have been good if a buck walked out and I went to pull my hand out only to spook the deer with the velcrow sound. I think I'm gonna get a different release with a buckle instead of velcrow.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hands dont get very cold, even in 20 degree temps. I wear thin gloves withthe trigger finger cut off.. Its the feet that get cold first for me.