Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

baiting

Old 12-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: baiting

Damn apple trees, persimon trees, oak trees, honeysuckle vine, arrrggggg.. What was God thinking when he put out those natural feeders.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I love it, Burnie....

It reminds me of the race wars of the civil rights 60's. WHite people madder than hell at blacks (and vice versa....for good reason).....and I always wish I could just stop someone and say..."What are you really mad about"?

"I don't actually know, really.....we're just 'sposed to hate 'em".

Brilliant.

--------------------------------

Ya got two neighbors......one has an apple tree....one puts out apples. One is hunting in the true essence of the word.....and the other is entrenched knee deep in "slobness".

That's brilliant, too.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I love it, Burnie....

It reminds me of the race wars of the civil rights 60's. WHite people madder than hell at blacks (and vice versa....for good reason).....and I always wish I could just stop someone and say..."What are you really mad about"?

"I don't actually know, really.....we're just 'sposed to hate 'em".

Brilliant.
This is always a fun topic to follow.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Burnie....I was gonna hand one of these out earlier.....but he already owns one.

I'll be passing out these as this thread unfolds. I know there'll be one going to PA

Old 12-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, I had to steal that pic GMMAT.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Have at it, Burnie. Someone sent it to me, yesterday.

It'll be interesting to see how many people who were totally agaisnt elitist attitudes RE: weapons of choice will chime in here with an elitist attitude of their owntowards their way of hunting v. another's chosen, legal method.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not even gonna answer to ANOTHER baiting thread.... Jeez

Old 12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Dominant Buck

I live in Texas where it’s legal to bait. When I hunt, I simply back my truck up with a bed full of corn and hit my cow caller. I’m too lazy to actually dump the corn out of the truck, but it don’t matter, the deer come so fast they fight to get in the back of my truck.Once the dinner bell has been rung, I carefully walk outwith a tape measure and start measuring racks. Key is to be careful, you don’t want to get trampled in the stampede. Ifthe deerare not big enough, I ring the dinner bell a second time. Which has never really happened, because once the corn shows up, the biggest deer in the county come running to my truck. But I keep the idea of calling a second time in the back of my mind just in case my first attempt doesn’t bring out all the Pope and Young’s. If you do ever have to call a second time, watch out, you don’t want to be stomped to death. I am an old salt when it comes to hunting, so I have developed the patience of Job. I’ll give each hunt a full 10 min. until I call it quits. Hell, you don’t think I’m going to stay out all day and hunt. But it really don’t matter, because it has never taken me more than a min. or two to get the deer I want. Once I pick out my deer, I put a collar on him, walk him to my truck, which in its self is a chore. Just imagine, I might have to walk a total of 5 ft. I’m only human. Once I walk my prize to my truck, I take a nap. It wears me out walking that much, so a two hour nap is a must. Once I wake from my nap, I down a case of beer and eat three pound cakes to prepare for the long journey back to the back of my truck. After my snack, I jump out of my truck and fight the deer off so I can get my bow out and shot my prize. I usually keep the shot challenging so I step back a half a foot before I shoot my deer. After my deer is dead, I take a chain saw and cut off the rack and leave the rest of the body. Why keep the deer, I’m beat from hunting all 10 min. You cannot expect me to actually do much more. I then load up the rack and my bow and take another nap. After that nap, I drink a quart of whiskey and eat three cases of Twinkies and head home. When I get home I kick the cat, have more beer and go to bed.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:04 AM

I view hunting a cut corn field as taking advantage of your natural surroundings to harvest the animal.

Dumping out corn is like placing a "pylon" of sorts to redirect the deer to where you want to go.

But then again..........we don't have corn, so I wouldn't know what it's like to hunt near one
Old 12-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Also Tim....what you'll find is....the people who are most against baiting live in states where it's illegal....and they have NO first-hand knowledge of the practice. I'd say they were ignorant....but that sounds a bit inflammatory. Ill-informed, yeah.
It's illegal here in VA but I definitely have first hand knowledge of it. Personally, I just don't feel that it's ethical to put out a pile of corn that can in no occur naturally in the environment and then hunting over it

Quick Reply: baiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.