Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Respecting Deer

Old 12-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Respecting Deer

It is not about actions, but the intent behind them.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jim_IV

The only thing I "respect" about a deer is that is when I shoot it, It dies quickly and humanly as possible. End of story
amen!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've always been a fan of the silent fist pump. Sometimes a fist-pump in a downward punching manner with an audible "Boom!"

Not sure why "boom." There is really no booming. I say "BOOM!" anyway. I'm crazy like that.

I think this all goes back to the eye gayzer and the glamour shots dead animal pictures. Yeah, it's fine to snap a decent pic. But there's a line. When you're gazing deep into the eyes of a bloody carcass, looking like you're about to start making out with the goddamn thing - you've gone too far.

Although now that we've made a joke about it - it's kinda funny. LOL
Old 12-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I think this all goes back to the eye gayzer and the glamour shots dead animal pictures. Yeah, it's fine to snap a decent pic. But there's a line. When you're gazing deep into the eyes of a bloody carcass, looking like you're about to start making out with the **** thing - you've gone too far.

Although now that we've made a joke about it - it's kinda funny. LOL
LOL@!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you noticed, lately???? SPOOKY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't everybody sleep with their racks during the manditory 60 day drying period?[8D]
Old 12-11-2008, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I've always been a fan of the silent fist pump. Sometimes a fist-pump in a downward punching manner with an audible "Boom!"

Not sure why "boom." There is really no booming. I say "BOOM!" anyway. I'm crazy like that.
I'm a big fan of boom too, but I go a little further with "Boom goes the dynamite!" At the same time I put both fists over my head and shake my ass....just a little.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:23 PM

I think having the confidence in yourself and your equipement to make a good clean kill. Waiting for a good shot angle. Enjoying a min in the stand after a good shot, making a fun game of connect the red dots on the blood trail, getting to your animal looking it over soaking up the enjoyment. Enjoying venison on the dinner table. A good pic or two is also a plus. Thats about as far as respect goes for me.

As far as the killing of more animals than you or your family can eat. I have no problem with it as long as it is legal, and the meat is completely utilized in some form or fashion.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I'm a big fan of boom too, but I go a little further with "Boom goes the dynamite!" At the same time I put both fists over my head and shake my ass....just a little.
Uhhhh...... that's not your ass you're shaking buddy.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

For me, I respect the animal enough to be as well prepared as I can be...tuning my equipment, practicing, and making quick/clean kills. Once the deer is down, I thank the Lord, take some quality photos , and then the real work starts.
x2.............