Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread >

rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

You probably don't remember who posted what but I'm pretty sure that something(s) I posted prompted you to write your thread. Sometimes it's difficult to put to words what we feel. I will try.

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

When does one cross the line into the “creepy” realm? Some of the posts on here seem to put a deer so high up on a pedestal, I don’t know HOW the person who feels that way could bring themselves to actually killing it.
If it's creepy to you, it is only so because you don't feel as I or some do. Yes, I put deer up on a pedestal.I put all of God's creatures on a pedestal. It is why I wont kill anything I wont eat.THAT has furtherevolvedin the passed4yrs to not killing big bucks withmy high pwered rifle.Bear with me, listening lends understanding.

It’s one thing to strive to make a clean kill and put forth the effort to find a wounded animal…but this whole “honoring” and “respect” thing can get carried too far at times. It’s a dang deer people. It’s not a person, it’s not some magical creature. It’s a deer. All it knows is to eat, drink, breed & survive.
It's not just a dang deer, granted all it knows is to eat drink and breed. You forget one thing though... It has a desire to live just like you do. God gave it life justas he gifted you. I understand the food chain. I also understand that although a deer is not a magical creature, it is a gift to me from God.

When I takeand end that life, I want to be as proud and happy as I possibly can. I feel that if I am not, I am at the same time not thankful for God's gift. That is when I feel I have disrespected the animal and thus God. It is why I choose to use the method or weapon which will bring me most joy, make me most proud, and thus the creatorof all life.

You either get me or you don't, there'sreally no in between. It's sort of like explaining to someone how it feels to be in love. It's sorta like describing to a blind man what blue looks like.

This is a frame of heart and mind I set for myself and myself alone. Somebody else might need to take a deer with a bow he made himself. Another might need to take it at 700yds with his self tuned sniper rifle.

All people know is what brings them joy. Many times, people don't take the time to understand that it takes different things to bring joy to others. Respect, must always be a two way street!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:27 PM

Default RE: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

I've once again consulted with the sacred tarsal gland. It says you are creepy.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

hoytail,
Sorry bud, I don't get you. But no biggie.

And it's stemmed from MANY more posts besides yours, although, yea your's qualifies as putting a deer WAY too high on a pedastal
Old 12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

What's going on? I just got back from washing my mounts in water warmed by virgins Now I have to kill a chicken, I'll be right back[8D]
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

I just got back frommounting my mounts in water warmed by virgins
Fixed it for ya...
Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

ORIGINAL: Germ

I just got back frommounting my mounts in water warmed by virgins
Fixed it for ya...
Either way I am good Been married for 12 years, I'll take it any way I can get it[:-]
Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoyttail... do you not think there is a difference between respecting something and placing it on a pedestal?

Old 12-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

Hoyttail... do you not think there is a difference between respecting something and placing it on a pedestal?
Mywife is both, as is the land we live and hunt on.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

Yes, there is a definite difference and I can easilymake the distinction.

I choose to do both and I do so only because I believe that each and every one of God's creatures deserve some sort of respect. I believe any and everyliving creature is special to its maker. Yea, it might appear ghey but think about these next few things... youhave a childwith your wife, you love that life you made. On a lesser scale, if you made a bow from scratch, you love even that bow to a degree. The gist of what I'm getting at is that God made each and every one of these creatures. The same love and pride you have in that inanimate bow you made or even moreso your childrenis probably multiplied by a good number when it comes to God and his creatures. Hope someone gets me otherwise the sounds of crickets are sure to follow. LOL
Old 12-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

What's going on? I just got back from washing my mounts in water warmed by virgins
Liar.........there are no virgins in Michigan.

Quick Reply: rybohunter... I'm partly responsible for your respecting deer thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.