Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this breaking the law? >

Is this breaking the law?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this breaking the law?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 AM

Default RE: Is this breaking the law?

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I'm an outlaw.
No...now you're being an ass.

The regulations in your state clearly state when and how orange can and must be worn....reguardless if you like it or not.

I never said you would get arrested but it is illegal either way....

.....and ya'll are soooo much the role models for younger kids by not wearing what the regs say and then bragging about it.

Just my .02
Old 12-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nubby_Stalker

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I'm an outlaw.
No...now you're being an ass.

The regulations in your state clearly state when and how orange can and must be worn....reguardless if you like it or not.

I never said you would get arrested but it is illegal either way....

.....and ya'll are soooo much the role models for younger kids by not wearing what the regs say and then bragging about it.

Just my .02

Hell if I was a parent I sure wouldnt want my kids to turn out like me![:-]

You ovbiously cannot see the sarcasim here, were are picking on all the "Old guys" here for acting like jackasses over petty little things, and im pretty sure everyone gets the joke.....except you.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Dominant Buck

If the orange regs are in effect and you are still in the woods with that deer and a weapon then yes...thats illegal.
Actually our regs say anyone "hunting". Heck....after I kill one.....drag it out....transport it home.....change clothes.....place it in my yard for harvest photos.....I figure the last thing I can be accused of is "hunting".

'Course.....this place (some people)never ceases to amaze me!....

I go to stand with my weapon sometimes 1.5hrs before first light. Am I hunting at night?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you not wear your orange. If you get shot, you just deserve it because you were breaking the law. Stop trying to be a rebel and wear it, for your own safety.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's the photo from right after I got in from the drag.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

One more...

Old 12-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff is not only a poacher, he's also color blind. Any fool can see that deer is wearing hunter orange!!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

One more...

Only in North Carolina could things get this bass-ackwards!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Dominant Buck

He came looking for me. Pretty good tussle, actually.

I checked, though....and he did have a tag for me. *JB* won't have to call him in.....post mortem.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Typical Buck

This post looks like its gotten entertaining.

but as far as the orginal subject goes id say its breaking the law, but it depends on circumstances.

I got a blaze orange violation ticket once, however i was hunting in county where the use of firearms is illegal!! You can only bowhunt, and there are only like 5 or so gun permits in the whole county. The game warden gave me and two of my friends tickets for not wearing blaze orange, the judge threw it out considering you can't use guns in the county, and the closest gun permit was about 20 miles away. And since then the state revised its laws on that to say that in archery only counties you dont have to wear blaze orange during regular firearms season.

But in an area where you can use guns you better beleive im wearing it, there are too many idiots out there. I was wearing orange the other day hunting with my rifle and a poacher was walking throught woods, i whistled at him at 20 yards, and he couldnt see me in open hardwoods wearing orange, finally he saw me after i whistled about 10 times. Kinda scary!! he ran when i pulled out my phone, he saw that! lol.

Quick Reply: Is this breaking the law?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.