Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this breaking the law? >

Is this breaking the law?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this breaking the law?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this breaking the law?

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Personally I like to shoot atleast 3 or 4 bucks before season, just so im primed and tuned up once the opener gets here....
Ohhhhh so is that how you horsies came to be the supposed undisputed kings of something or another? Puttin' them in the freezer then taking them out later for pictures and entry. See, I'm not that smart to think of that.

*note to self- remember abovefor the 09 contest
Old 12-02-2008, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Personally I like to shoot atleast 3 or 4 bucks before season, just so im primed and tuned up once the opener gets here....
Ohhhhh so is that how you horsies came to be the supposed undisputed kings of something or another? Puttin' them in the freezer then taking them out later for pictures and entry. See, I'm not that smart to think of that.

Don't kid yourself, putting one down before season for you would be like a 3 legged dog climbing a tree...it ain't happening.[8D]

Don't let Al fool ya either, he is a master shed hunter...next time ask him to give his buck a good hard shake just before the photo...walaa, we have a doe hero shot with two sheds on the ground.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Don't kid yourself, putting one down before season for you would be like a 3 legged dog climbing a tree...it ain't happening.[8D]

Don't let Al fool ya either, he is a master shed hunter...next time ask him to give his buck a good hard shake just before the photo...walaa, we have a doe hero shot with two sheds on the ground.
No silly, remember???

Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 PM

No silly, remember???

DOH! Now you guys have all angles covered...whos the captain Mitch Rompala?[8D]
Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I think him and Fran are cousins or something, they share ideas.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear my deer capes, why carry a decoy when you can just as easily be one??

Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 PM

I killed my buck during gun season with my bow. I had an orange cap and vest on, but took it off for the pic because it looks goofy....SUE ME. lol

Is this illegal too then? My pics are from 3.5 hours after I released the arrow, same day...GASP, no orange in my photos either.
If the orange regs are in effect and you are still in the woods with that deer and a weapon then yes...thats illegal.

Not trying to be a prick but it is.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Nubby_Stalker

I killed my buck during gun season with my bow. I had an orange cap and vest on, but took it off for the pic because it looks goofy....SUE ME. lol

Is this illegal too then? My pics are from 3.5 hours after I released the arrow, same day...GASP, no orange in my photos either.
If the orange regs are in effect and you are still in the woods with that deer and a weapon then yes...thats illegal.

Not trying to be a prick but it is.
Arrest me then. I removed my orange for 5 minutes while standing over my dead deer. There isn't a GW around here who would write a ticket for that...this all assuming your right in the first place on this. I don't know for sure, so won't argue it one way or the other.

Where do the woods end? What if I am in my backyard with my deer and bow..must the orange still be worn? In my truck (bow in backseat, deer in bed)? I have a knife in my hand as I butcher the deer (weapon), does this constitute wearing orange in my garage? I realize these are extremes, but where does it end?

EDIT: technically, we are allowed one deer per day. So once I find my deer, I guess I am illegal (being in woods witha weapon, Im obviously hunting with no more tags for the day).
I guess the hunter orange in the photo was a wash, I was already breaking the law by having a weapon on me in the woods after I killed an animal for the day. I'm an outlaw.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: *JB*

Your state requires any hunter who is in the field during firearms season to wear orange.

Is it breaking the law to hunt without orange.

The reason I ask is because it is firearms season in Oklahoma, and by law ALL hunters must wear orange while in the field. Just wondering if I would be breaking the law if I did not wear it. I want to be sure to obey all game laws set fourth by the state.
Without reading thru this entire thread:
You got to be kidding me right[&:]?Are you that naive? Youasked andanswered your own question in the same sentence. Geeeeezzzzz. Scares me.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Banned

people amaze me .... really

you post what the law is, then ask if not doing it is breaking the law ?

seriously ?

Quick Reply: Is this breaking the law?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.