Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK...I found him, now what >

OK...I found him, now what

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK...I found him, now what

Old 11-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK...I found him, now what

i know it sounds crazy, but try making it look like your challenging him YOURSELF. i know it sounds crazy, but try it! its worked for me in the past. a deer will see me and i will slowly let it know im there. i guess its kinda like a mutual thing between me and the deer. i will use the stomps and stuff they do. they get really confused and wound up. it has worked for me a couple times.
i think your just gunna laugh at me, but it has worked. im not saying it will, but that it HAS.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hoyt....THE reason I asked you about his "dominance" is.....why chance it? I'd use rattling (or anything else) as a last resort.

Just because a buck is the largest racked buck in an area (or even the largest bodied).....it doesn't mean he's the dominant buck. What Im getting at is....he might not be looking for a fight.

Good luck.

I agree with this completely, no sense in possibly educating him or making him nervous. Play it cool and pull out all the stops in the 11th hour if needs be.

Shane
Old 11-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

shoot him thats what good luck
Old 11-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

yay! so far no one has made fun of my post!!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Childers....I haven't been at this too long....but I have to admit....your post reminds me of the commercial where the guy blows the air horn!

But whatta I know???[&:]
Old 11-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Duke gave you the best advice on this deer. I will agree this buck knows your there and I promise you that he knows more about you right now than you do him. You are going to have to think outside of the box on this and suprise this buck. I would say abandon the set-up your hunting right now and think of a place he is traveling to and from his bedding area and get in there somewhere. The later it gets this season he is going to get back on a more predictable pattern and most likely will be nocturnal if he isn't already and I'm guessing he is.