Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got my No-Peep & Back tension Question >

Got my No-Peep & Back tension Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my No-Peep & Back tension Question

Old 04-02-2003, 08:12 PM

Default Got my No-Peep & Back tension Question

I ordered a No-Peep on Monday and it was delivered today. Kudos to Eder' s for quick service. It took about 20 minutes to install. No problems at all. I' m left handed so I had to flip it over. I barely noticed I didn' t have a peep. After a couple of shots it was automatic to glance at it and shoot. I had great groups but they were to the right of the bull. I had to move my pins 4 or 5 times to the right to resight my bow. I had always checked my rest and sights by lining up my string, arrow and pins and they were always in a straight line. Now my pins are to the right of my string and arrow. Should I be worried?
Good results so far from the No-Peep.

After reading all the great tips given to Click about back tension I wanted to really concentrate on that today. I did shoot better, but I' m slapping my arm. When I pull my elbow back I feel like I' m pushing the bow away from me with my bow arm. My bow arm has a good bend in it, but when the shot goes off unexpectedly my arm straightens out and gets hit. It didn' t get hit before, because I think I knew when the shot was coming and kept it bent. How tight do you guys put your release around your wrist? When I pull back I' m pulling the release along with my hand. I was thinking of loosening the velcro strap and letting my hand slip backwards to set off the trigger. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 04-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Got my No-Peep & Back tension Question

My brain is a little dead so I may have missed something in your question. If I leave you scratching your head I' m sorry. First, if you try to loosen your strap and let your hand slide through the release you will be loosing your anchor if it has to travel far. Slapping your arm with your string tells me your draw length is probably a tad long. You' re probably also standing to much sideways to the target. Your feet should be at about 45 degrees to the target line. Are you looking straight on at the target, head erect or are you having to look out the side of your eyes through your nose. If you' re looking sideways your draw length probably is to long. Don' t feel like the lone ranger. About 90 % of the people I see have their draw length to long. Make sure you don' t have your hand into the grip to far. The bow should rest on the pad of your thumb and not so much in your palm. If you have multiple problems it' ll feel odd at first to make them right but it won' t take long to get comfortable. Rather than loosen the strap when you get to draw and are tightening up on the back tension if you just say relax the release hand(I mean really relax it) you will find it' s almost like triggering the shot... it' ll go off(if your draw length is close).[]
Old 04-02-2003, 08:52 PM

Thanks Davidmil. I don' t think my draw is too long. Its only 27.5" now. I was shooting 29" before Big Country straightened that out. I DO hold my bow in the palm of my hand instead of the pad of my thumb. And I DO stand at close to 90 angle when shooting. I' ll try the changes tommorrow.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' ll stay out of the back tension thing for now as David gave you good advice to try.........let us know how its going tho.

As for the No-Peep, your pins will HAVE TO BE outside of their normal straight line because you now have the arrow at a slight angle to your line of sight. This is due to the fact that you are no longer looking down the center of your string but to the side of it.
You are fine as long as you keep a new consistent anchor with it.