Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 African safari hunt. Yay or nay? >

African safari hunt. Yay or nay?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

African safari hunt. Yay or nay?

Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: African safari hunt. Yay or nay?

For sure Steve...you got it!...If stick and String is what you want...Go for it! I've hunted stick and string and killed along the way...Hats off to you...I think I'd still go compound on my first Africa hunt...but thats because I'm a wimp.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hell yeah, I can't wait to go back! I had the time of my life there!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

One of my Friends Mark Sullivan is a Professional Hunter in Tanzania for dangerous game. He is the "Death On the run" and "Death at my feet" guy. Anyhow Before he left the country for hunting season I had asked him about Bow hunting becuase if anybody knows mark and how he works with dangerous game hunting making sure that it is fair chase, you can see how awesome this man is. But I asked him about bow hunting for dangerous game and he told me that he thinks that it could be interesting and wouldn't mind guiding stick and string hunters for dangerous came hunts.

http://www.nitroexpresssafaris.com/

So Check him out if your looking for a safari but he might now answer his email for a while if hes not back in the country yet.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:20 AM

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

There is so much to Africa; more than willever meet the eye. I personally think every American shouldforego a tax refund check in lieu of a round trip airline ticket to Africa. If you get to hunt there, than great. Butit is something everyone needs to see. Then and only then will you realises just how fortunate you are to be born American! I had no desire whatsoever to hunt Africa eight years ago. Now, I will make great efforts to go back every other year if possible!Ya'll do not know what you are missing!
Huckleberry knows what he's talking about with some first hand experiences. I'd have no problem hunting with him but since my retirement money is about cut in half because of the down turn I can't justify spend ing the money to go there now. Love to watch those wart hogs go down. LOL
Old 11-25-2008, 07:52 AM

Not much big african game outside your back door is there? If so I want to come over.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, I just don't have any desire to hunt those species. I prefer hunting whitetails and hunting in the US.