Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

African safari

Old 10-12-2005, 08:49 PM

Default African safari

Does anyone in here go on african safaris. I have a outfitter in africa that charges $54,000 for justone of his hunts. I just couldnt see spending that much on a hunt. I hardly even make that in a year! Just wondering if its worth it? I think i will try it out when i win the lottery!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:24 PM

Default RE: African safari

I have been in africa several times hunting you can go for much MUCH less money than the ones you stated, stay away from the big five, you can go for some oryx, kudu, pigs, maybe a zebra etc. etc. there are different prices and different options.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am going to South Africa a couple of weeks for work so I booked a hunt in Namibia. I stayed away from the big five because the cost is out of this world. I did alot of the research my self and found an outfitter I like. I paid under $4000 for the hunt. I am after kudu, Oryx and a Blesbuk. I can shoot others for more of a fee. It is the late season there(Late Spring) so this is why I got a good deal. I will let you know how it goes! Even if I don't shoot an animal this is going to be the hunt of a lifetime for me. I'm stoked!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:16 PM

Namibia is also the country where I hunt. I wish you luck, I just came from there last week after two months working there. Where are you going to be hunting?

There are plenty oryx (Gemsbuck), Kudu and pigs. I have shot 5 kudu bulls, two oryx half a dozen of pigs and two stringbucks.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:22 PM

you can email me for some terrific fishing experience.... trust me on this one.
You can catch big (BIG) sharks from the beach, standing up, the biggest one I caught was 150 kilos, 3 hours to land it, dont miss you chance if you like fishing because Namibia is one of the few places in the world where you can fish massive sharks from the beach.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow nice shark!!!!!!! I will be hunting with Jagdfarm Hummelshain, Walter und Katharina Sibold. just outside of Windhoek! I am pretty fired up! I can't wait! I will be in Johannesburg for a few days at the Coca-Cola Sundome on Nov 3-5, then off to Namibia first thing the morning of the 6th!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah do you have any tips for me?? I know its Hot but is there any type of camo/clothes you would suggest? I have a good pair of walking boots, Walter gave me some advice but I'm covering all options! Thanks!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

....And what exactly does a "stringbuck" look like?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:06 PM

the weather is going to be hot around windhoek , I am more to the west in the coast (Walvis Bay) . check www.weather.com you can get all week weather in the area.

Most people dont wear any camo really.... if you do keep in mind that the namibian bush is very arid, some green will do it , as I said, most people dont wear camo gear. You do want to wear some nice boots because of the snakes and the thorns, they have black mambas and that is scary although you see those one on the trees. We killed two.

This is a springbuck
If you want to go shark fishing send me an email and I give you the contact details of the best anglers. [email protected]

Old 10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just giving you a hard time.

Quick Reply: African safari

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.