Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arial photo....take a look. >

Arial photo....take a look.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arial photo....take a look.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Arial photo....take a look.

Here's the spot I've talked about the past few days. I honestly think it's a dynamite spot. I hunted it for the first time this morning and saw 7 deer. 2 Bucks, and 5 does. For the lack of sightings I've had this year, it's impressive. The bucks weren't shooters. Both were 1.5yr old deer, one being a spike and the other a forkhorn.

I had a hunch about this spot, and I've been able to confirm it through me hunting today and walking seeing the wore down trails in the snow. I think this stand WILL be fruitful for me THIS year.

Basically, this stand location is between two bedding areas. The bedding areas are high on the ridgetop. The one on the far left gets REALLY good morning sun, they seem to like bedding there. I seem to be in a pretty decent travel route.

Tell me what you think.

Here's the key.

Yellow dot-stand
Green dots-kills from previous years and this year.
Blue-Bedding areas
Pink/purple-distinguished trails, especially the ones near the stand.
Red-Property line

Old 11-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Arial photo....take a look.

I like it. Is there a trail that connects the 2 bedding areas, like in a more straighter line ? Maybe you can position yourself closer to being right smack in between them if the terrain, cover or wind will allow it.

How many acres is that place ?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

I like it. Is there a trail that connects the 2 bedding areas, like in a more straighter line ? Maybe you can position yourself closer to being right smack in between them if the terrain, cover or wind will allow it.

How many acres is that place ?
There isn't a direct trail that I could find. The "main" trail, or the one that sees the most action is the one that I have coming out of the middle of the bedding area on the left, then branching the left. That's the trail the bucks came on, and thats where I set my trail camera too, so hopefully we'll get some pictures.

Not sure on the acreage. It's not mine. It's my buddies, grandpa's place. I can only hunt it when he's with me. That's the only downside.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

I'd hunt it like you are, and see what happens. If nothing shows up that you want to take, then maybe relocate and try and get right in the middle of the beds and see what happens. Might a catch a trolling buck, taking the easiest route to find a doe, depending on what stage your rut is in.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like a good spot. You just better hope there is noone hunting in the bedding areas that are on the other side of your property.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

Seems like a good spot. You just better hope there is noone hunting in the bedding areas that are on the other side of your property.
Well, we are pretty good friends with the people that hunt it. They let us know what they shoot....etc.

There is a stand about 100yds left (south) of the bedding area. IF someone hunts that stand, it does NOTHING but help me. Well, I won't say that, but odds are the deer get pushed to me. The beauty of this spot, is I can hunt ANY wind in the morning other than a South wind. Southeast would get kind of iffy. I believe we had a Southwest this morning and everything worked out perfect. I won't be able to hunt this spot again until Friday, Saturday, maybe Sunday. I'll have a weeks worth of trail camera pictures (hopefully). I set the camera up on the trail, I just hope it triggers quick enough. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice.