Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Texas Bowhunters.. beware... >

Texas Bowhunters.. beware...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Texas Bowhunters.. beware...

Old 11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Texas Bowhunters.. beware...

ORIGINAL: Kanga

Why not make the Youthgun season anterless, then you will soon see that not manykids will be going out with their father because dear old Dad only wants to shoot a big buck

Gospel!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Texas Bowhunters.. beware...

[quote]This shouldnt even be an issue. With plummetting youth numbers, all hunters, regardless of your weapon of choice, should embrace any attempts to get more kids involved in the sport. [quote]

Give me a break. As already mentioned, I am not going to lose sleep over this proposal even though I am against it and it is not necessary.It will likely be abused a lot more than benefitting a child who otherwise might not get to hunt.

There is ample time to take kids hunting in Texas already. If you really want to make sure they enjoy it and it should be all about the kids, then lets make the "rut period" Youth Only nation wide. After all most will agree that this period is the most enjoyable and would result in a higher retention of youths if they had this period all to themselves.

And as far as plumetting youth hunters and all hunters, go apply for a Western State tag of any kind and see if you still agree with that statement.

Statistically, I am sure that there is a reduced % of the population that are hunters but is the raw number decreasing as well?

I don't know, but I do know that they are not making any more land and each year thisLESS huntable land as well. Basic economics shows that the price of hunts and leasesis an indicator that the DEMAND is at least equal if not greater than the finite SUPPLY.