Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one ! >

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Hey greg...the only thing that would make that picture better is if you were lighting one up and had a thermos full of steaming coffe with you!!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

So mr camera man expert whats wrong with these pics?

Them are some good quality pics Peanut. Calling out someone a "camera expert" Is another story.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

My 5 year at at time can handle a little blood, so can other kids[:-]
Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

Hey greg...the only thing that would make that picture better is if you were lighting one up and had a thermos full of steaming coffe with you!!
Thanks for the tip! As a trend setter I'm always on the lookout for new and improved ideas!!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Look Ma, no blood!

Last time I checked we were in the USA, and I believe I have a choice of blood or no blood.
This buck, just so happened, not to bleed out his mouth/nose, otherwise there would be blood in the picture.

However, he did have boogers oozing out, but you did not mention anything about snot, so I didn't wipe it off.
I hope there are no booger police around!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:56 AM

This thread is an excellent example of the double standard that exists on this website. Matt/PA posted a thread stating the exact same thing as stealthy (true, Matt's was more tactful and well said) and everyone gushed all over him. Matt great post, awesome Matt, the post I've been waiting for Matt, blah blah blah...

Stealthy posts basically the same request as what Matt did and he gets flamed for it, people telling him if he doesn't like it, don't look, mr. camera expert, who are you to.....

I can almost promisde had Matt reposted what Stealthy just said, people would have all jumped on Matt's bandwagon.

Stealthy, unfortunately on this website, your number of years here and numbers of posts carry massive weight. I've seen so many good posts overlooked this year and then you can have someone like GMMAT question his ability and everyone and their mother flock to the post.

Stick around as this website provides a wealth of information from a ton of knowledgable people. But until you are in the clique.......
Old 11-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

This thread is an excellent example of the double standard that exists on this website. Matt/PA posted a thread stating the exact same thing as stealthy (true, Matt's was more tactful and well said) and everyone gushed all over him. Matt great post, awesome Matt, the post I've been waiting for Matt, blah blah blah...

Stealthy posts basically the same request as what Matt did and he gets flamed for it, people telling him if he doesn't like it, don't look, mr. camera expert, who are you to.....

I can almost promisde had Matt reposted what Stealthy just said, people would have all jumped on Matt's bandwagon.

Stealthy, unfortunately on this website, your number of years here and numbers of posts carry massive weight. I've seen so many good posts overlooked this year and then you can have someone like GMMAT question his ability and everyone and their mother flock to the post.

Stick around as this website provides a wealth of information from a ton of knowledgable people. But until you are in the clique.......
Hey Bro .... look at the way it was said ... THAT is the issue! Making others on here feel like they are scum because their pics didn't live up to HIS want ...... Matt's post was done classy .... it didn't demean others ..... THAT is the difference .....
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM
New Sheriff

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

There are many young hunters on here ...... and they have to hear CRAP like this:[:@] ....." Does it not show new hunters another bad side when we show that not all opinions are accepted. You're saying all opinions should be accepted and then you turn around and knocking stealthy in favor of your own opinion?
It is stuff like this that keeps me out of the bowhunting forum for the most part anymore. Not everybody has the better then you attitude, but it gets old. 4pt can attest the fact the bowhunting forum didn't used to be this way. He doesn't visit this forum as much either, and I bet it is because of this.

If somebody posts a picture you don't like, don't respond. If you don't agree with somebody say so without turning it into 20 pages of crap. Time and time again it happens. I stop in the bowhunting thread mainly to see what deer are being shot and I don't respond to a lot in this forum. Why...the bickering just gets old.

Years ago I shot a button buck...thought it was a doe...but I made a mistake. I don't make it a habit to do, but I just didn't have time to identify it better. But hey...I was still proud of it and I posted a picture. It started a bunch of crap and all I wanted was to share my success.

That is why the Game Bag thread at the top of the forums say no comments in that thread, because it would get stupidand fast!!
DING DING DING!!!

Noting but love for you 4pt!! And I can't believe you didn't send me that picture from last year!! And I consider you my buddy!! PFFT...I guess I will have to find some more pictures of you for the offseason!!

That is an awesome keep sake for your kid!! He looks as happy as can be!!

My dad is the same way though. He is lucky if he takes a picture of a decent buck half the time!

I don't email many pictures, except lately of the one's Dalton has been killing. I'll add you to the list. I'll even shoot you over a few pics ofsome goodbucks I've killed over the past few years that I didn't post here....you know, ol 4pt has the reputation of "baby deer killer' to uphold.

**edit** But I must warn you about the pics, IBM, besides me being in them, there aint nothing pretty about them.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

in relation to this (not trying to hijack this) but i read the sticky about taking quality photos and just want to let you all know that if you read it and click the link for the savage archery arrow pod for your camera there closeing down very soon so get your orders in i have had one of these for over 13 years and have just ordered 2 more as back up these have helped me get some cool pics as i said just letting you all know
Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

Where's matts I tell him to go pound sand also

Quick Reply: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.