Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one ! >

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Old 11-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

My Favorite of Fran(the king). Notice how he oils up the kill

Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

My interest in "nice" pictures is if your not gonna mount the deer than thats all you have left for a trophy.

Also the little woman is kind enough to let me hang 5x7 pics around if they are tastefull and hunter or no hunter they do look better without a tounge hanging out.

That being said it's your deer so do as you see fit.Most of you who encourage good pics seem to do it more gracefully than some.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Who said they bet we cant break 15 pages?????
I said that, and I must say I stand corrected. [&o]
Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Omg, my head hurts......Take the pic that will make you happy when you look at it. I for one like to get a nice field pic with all my kills, but I also have no problem with the guy who wants to pose with one hangin from a rafter in the garage. Who is to say the hunter in question doesn't have a family tradition of taking pics with his deer hangin from a meat pole or rafter that has been passed down from grandpa or dad. I for one am always happy to see any pics you guys post up about your kills because I for one am happy for you and two I know how good it feels to be the guy kneeling down behind his bowkill! To each his own.......

Shane
Old 11-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Now thats funny!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

A question for all of you picture takers out there.

Is It that damn hard to clean the blood off of your deer and shove the tongue back In It's mouth or cut It off? It's called respect everyone!! Bunny huggers could care less what our picture's look like so It don't really matter what they look like with them. It's the non hunter's that you all have to Impress and show respect to that your all not a bunch of blood thirsty savages. When you take picture's, take the time and think what a non hunter would say If they seen the picture. Have respect, show respect for that animal. It don't take hardly anytime to clean an animal up for picture's.

For all of you tough guys that think this Is stupid, tell me why the hunting show's edit the part's out of shot when the animal Is dieing and kicking???? It's called respect once again! No one needs to see it, It looks bad thus they take that part out of It. I can't believe all of you jumping on the OP for saying what he's saying.

I 100% agree with Stealthy.
Well said Shultzy! While this post could have been stated in a more positive tone, I agree with most of what was saidas well. In fact, what he is saying has been said by Boone and Crockett for years; however, BC maybelesscritical in its approach.

For those who are interested intaking better photos, below is a link tosome suggestions from Boone and Crockett.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/records_phototips.asp?area=bgRecords