Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one ! >

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Old 11-21-2008, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Who said they bet we cant break 15 pages?????
Old 11-21-2008, 05:07 AM

Another one cleaned up to show others:

Old 11-21-2008, 05:57 AM
New Sheriff

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

Taking ANY pic would indicate they were probably proud of it.
I disagree 100%

We're not talking a monumental task here, we're talking just a few minutes to drag a deer from the back of a truck, out of a shop, getting off its back, putting the tongue back in the mouth, covering up excessive blood, smiling, ........ I mean very very basic, simple, easy to do stuff - hell you got it all right there, why not do it right and respectable instead of half ass ?

Thats what baffles me, it really does, and its indicative of people just not caring about the animal they hunt or the hunt itsself I think [&o]
All along I thought you were argueing just for arguements sake but you really don't get it do you? The only thing it's indicative of is people not caring about having a glamour shot of a deer.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Is this a bowhunting forum or a Sallie Foster Christmas Paper Design School? If someone takes a good pic, then great, I'll try and follow their lead, if someone takes a bad pic with tongue and blood, who gives a damn? I am not going to criticize him for it. Maybe he just don't give a damn about pictures, who cares?
Chris

Old 11-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna stay tongue in cheek on this one [8D](pun intended)

15 pages...I don't have time to read it all - I can only imagine

Actually, I do prefer good pics these days - so I somewhat agree with stealthy. YES, I have some awful pics from long ago...but I didn't know any better and was just excited to get something. I'm still not a good photographer, but trying to takebetter pics for sure. I will spend the 2 extra minutes (if that) to clean up some of the blood, etc. Overall, I would agree that a nice(r) pic, is better all around - but I'm notgonna get my panties in a bunch over whatYOU do. Some of the pics I have seen lately aredefinitely over the top....but most are not.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailinone

Maybe he just don't give a damn about pictures, who cares?
Chris

..and this is where 15 pages of slop could have ended, good one.

Sallie Foster Christmas Paper Design School?...
Old 11-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some of the photos I've seen lately are absolutely a disgrace to the animal, the hunt and yourselves. Drag it out of the back of the truck onto some grass, maybe a nice background of woods/field, stick the tongue back in the mouth, cover up the blood with your bow maybe, dont straddle the deer PLEASE ........ I mean c'mon it takes another 2 minutes to turn what you took as a crappy photo into one that you can actually be proud of !
For the most part you are being ridiculous. First off who cares if its in the back of the truck no disgrace to the animal. Yes I prefer it being in the woods but so what. Blood is part of hunting if your squemish get another hobby. Why cant you stradle the deer? YOU DONT MAKE ANY SENSE.

Dont make fun of people and how they take there pictures... They are smiling its not like they are making fun or torturing the deer.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Exactly what i was gunna say. Im sorry stealthy that most hunters aren't as dainty as you.
ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Wow, breath a little. I like a good picture and I take a good picture. Some guys like the back of the truck, some guys like the field photo. Everyone has their opinion.

and the last few replies are what is wrong with today's hunting I'm afraid[]
As far as this goes, find me a picture that is over fifty years old that doesn't have the deer:

1. Hanging in a tree
2. Over the hood of a truck/car
3. Just the head

I bet it will be hard to find. So the old timers were all wrong huh? Even though more people hunted back then than now?

And you can argue, "It was a diffrent time", but we let it get that way being so damn worried about what anti/non-hunters thought.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67J_66hdN-I

Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Some of the photos I've seen lately are absolutely a disgrace to the animal, the hunt and yourselves. Drag it out of the back of the truck onto some grass, maybe a nice background of woods/field, stick the tongue back in the mouth, cover up the blood with your bow maybe, dont straddle the deer PLEASE ........ I mean c'mon it takes another 2 minutes to turn what you took as a crappy photo into one that you can actually be proud of !
Not everyone is a photographer or has the same tastes. If they are happy with the picture, that's all that counts. Some people just drop by home to let the wife/kids see their harvest on the way to the meat locker. If one of my friends drops a nice buck or doe for that matter and they want a picture worth hanging on the wall, I'll set it up for them. If they ask me to just get a quick shot to have a picture, they get what they ask for.
I have to agree with AF on this. Just because every picture isn't scripted and perfect doesn't mean you should be ashamed.

Quick Reply: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.