Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!! >

Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM

Default RE: Pro Shop Called.......Matthews Review!!

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

It's a 5" BH not 5.5" [8D]
?Still not shooting one.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:10 PM

You can buy the DXT for right around $600 at my loal shop too.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 PM

What is with the joke about Mathews with one "t"???
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

I shot the same bow tuned down to 63#. Great bow.....FAST for the draw weight...and smooooooooth. My only gripe with it is at full draw....if you flinch a millimeter....it's ready to roll over.

I'd like to shoot it next to the Monster, a couple Hoyts, and a couple Bowtechs.....right after one another. Only then will my Switchback XT be on eBay.
Pat, I will be the first to tell ya, I am a Bowtech guy. BUT, IMO you should hang on to that XT. I think that it was and is the best bow that Mathews ever put out. Up till this year, they have just been making mods to it and calling them new bows. Quality bows for sure, but nothing really new or mind blowing. This year, definately different design, but not new. I was almost sucked in to the idea that they had come up with something new to make bows fast, nope.

And, that shop must be making pennies on those bows with MSRP at $869.00 and selling them for two hundred less.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:59 PM

Thought the same thing, but they sell all there bows well below MSRP. They have the New Hoyt for $700. Which from what I have gathered is less than most.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

What is it that I see???[:-]That bow doesn't have a single cam. Hypocrites...All they eversaid when bowtech was using dual cams, and hoyt had the cam and 1/2 was that The single cam was superior in every way! Now there useing them?? Mathews continues to put thereselves in a bigger hole every year. All My local bow shop guys won't shoot them anymore. A 5" brace height?? Thats gonna be real forgiving! lol
Old 11-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

I shot the same bow tuned down to 63#. Great bow.....FAST for the draw weight...and smooooooooth. My only gripe with it is at full draw....if you flinch a millimeter....it's ready to roll over.

I'd like to shoot it next to the Monster, a couple Hoyts, and a couple Bowtechs.....right after one another. Only then will my Switchback XT be on eBay.
Pat, I will be the first to tell ya, I am a Bowtech guy. BUT, IMO you should hang on to that XT. I think that it was and is the best bow that Mathews ever put out. Up till this year, they have just been making mods to it and calling them new bows. Quality bows for sure, but nothing really new or mind blowing. This year, definately different design, but not new. I was almost sucked in to the idea that they had come up with something new to make bows fast, nope.

And, that shop must be making pennies on those bows with MSRP at $869.00 and selling them for two hundred less.

Ya know, I've considered holding on tomy XTas a backup...but that's it. My buddy's DXT is sooooooooo sweet to shoot....as I'm a big fan of short Axle to Axle bows. If the '09 bows from the big 3aren't anything special, I'll pick up a DXT dirt cheapwhich I already know I love.

I wish Mathews would go back to the draw stops. My Outback had that....and I loved it. The Outback was also the last bow with a smooth draw cycle on it that fit my form.

One last thing on the new Reezen (and possibly the other Mathews '09 line?) is the grip is a little different. I was holding a DXT...and then picked up the Reezen. The upper part of the grip where my thumb and pointer finger meet felt different to me.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/NC

What is with the joke about Mathews with one "t"???
It wasn't really a joke. There's not two "t's" in Mathews. Real simple.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:38 PM

got ya thought i missed something besides spelling haha
Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Host of Hosts

I didn't see the 100.00 jump in price on Bowtech's this year. What are you talking about? Hoyt's went up slightly, but I haven't seen 100.00 differences.

Quick Reply: Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.