Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!! >

Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Old 11-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pro Shop Called.......Matthews Review!!

ORIGINAL: mondoman86

What is it that I see???[:-]That bow doesn't have a single cam. Mathews continues to put thereselves in a bigger hole every year. All My local bow shop guys won't shoot them anymore. A 5" brace height?? Thats gonna be real forgiving! lol
Jagging a thread from AT, maybe the new moto should be "We've been caught...now we copy..."

Of course, that tends to be how the bow industry works as a whole nowadays. I've got to admit, I was worried that I was going to be blown away and fall in love with one of the new '09 bows but having read reviews from people who have shot them (little hand shock ,etc.) I'd have to say the Admiral is going to be the direction I'll be going
Old 11-17-2008, 06:33 PM

ahhh, the bashing before shooting.

incase I missed it, someone point out to mea single cam bow with a 340 ibo. My bud shot it today with his hunting arrows, 29" at 70# and it fetched in the 330s somewhere. I think this single cam bow is going toprove to beamazing. Heck their single cam fetches faster speeds than a few other dual cam bows, and Im betting the single cam will be as smooth as the smoothest dual cam out there.

The dual cam, well 5" BH won't fit most archers...I could be dead wrong, but I am betting it is geared more towards smaller archers. If someone wants higher IBOs with bigger BH, elite offers that.

I have to agree though, it is kind of funny Mathews came out with a dual cam bow.....Wonder if the solocam logo will fade away now?[8D] I cant wait to shoot the single cam bow. It better not shoot too sweet though.[&:] I just want to be able to compare it to the Alphamax.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like a new bow might see if the local pro shop has one. though i doubt it only one around here is gander
Old 11-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matthews has always produced a good, quality bow with a lot of shootability. However, this year, based off of the specs on these new bows; the only one I'd touch is the Reezon 7. I will never own another sub 7" brace height bow. With todays technology and designs, you can get very good speeds and more forgiveness with many 7" + brace bows.

As for the dual cam bow. Yes, it looks a lot like one of the PSE bows (name escapes me). However, the yoke cables do appear to be in a configuration I'd like to look at more closely. They appear to wrap into the cam rather than hook to the outside of the limbs like a traditional dual cam would.

Sorry, but after the hype, I was expecting something really astonishing from them. Instead we get a bunch of speed bows geared to sell, not shoot. No doubt, these bows will sell like crazy. Most average Joe's who walk into a shop know very little about bows. All they know is that Matthews makes a bow that is faster than any out there and they want the "best".
Old 11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

I shot the Reezen 6.5 today at my local shop. Compared to my Drenalin, the draw cycle isn't as smooth and there is a little hand shock as a bare bow. The Reezen has a better feeling grip than the Drenalin, IMO. The Reezen 6.5 is a nice bow, but I don't think I will upgrade this year. I don't think so. [:-]Well, I probably will. But I'll shoot the 7.0 first...I think I'll like it better.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bottom line is this. If you want the smoothest drawing bow where do you go? Mathews. If you want the fastest bow (which way to many people get caught up in, and mathews realizes this) where will you now be going? Mathews. If you want the shortest ATA bow where do you go? Mathews. If you want the lightest bow where do you go? Mathews.

So theyve got all their alleys covered. Whether you fanboys think they copy or not, theyre gonna sell huge numbers this year so just sit back and watch those other companies keep trying to catch em, because they are still a step ahead this year. As far as the biggest release of 2009 bows, Mathews has the rest beat so far.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

The bottom line is this. If you want the smoothest drawing bow where do you go? Mathews. If you want the fastest bow (which way to many people get caught up in, and mathews realizes this) where will you now be going? Mathews. If you want the shortest ATA bow where do you go? Mathews. If you want the lightest bow where do you go? Mathews.

So theyve got all their alleys covered. Whether you fanboys think they copy or not, theyre gonna sell huge numbers this year so just sit back and watch those other companies keep trying to catch em, because they are still a step ahead this year. As far as the biggest release of 2009 bows, Mathews has the rest beat so far.
haha your going to get ripped apart for that one....

I can't wait to try these out. Ever since I shot the Outback some years ago I have been impressed with the Mathews line. I have shot many brands, and still believe that my Switchback is one of the best I have ever held in my hand. The Drenalin and DXT were good too, but not worth the price tag to upgrade to me. However, I can't wait to try out the Reezen 7.0. Even if I don't buy a new one, it's still fun to shoot.

I'll shoot the Monsters too, but I've never been much of a fan of these dual cam speed bows.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

I shot the same bow tuned down to 63#. Great bow.....FAST for the draw weight...and smooooooooth. My only gripe with it is at full draw....if you flinch a millimeter....it's ready to roll over.
All of the speed bows are arm yankers. No creeping allowed, they will quickly let you know if you have this form flaw.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42
Whether you fanboys think they copy or not, theyre gonna sell huge numbers this year so just sit back and watch those other companies keep trying to catch em, because they are still a step ahead this year. As far as the biggest release of 2009 bows, Mathews has the rest beat so far.
Now ain't that the truth.

I don't push them at all... they litterally sell themselves. If I take a hoyt, a BT and a Mathews upstairs with a customer to shoot... probably 8 out of 10 times they will go mathews. The other two are usually folks with preconceived notions or special desires such as a short draw, yet want the max speed they can get.

Like they say in the car business, there is an ass for every seat.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

All this talk makes me want a new bow. I think i will try and hit the pro shop soon.

Quick Reply: Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.