Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!! >

Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:35 PM

Default Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Well the pro shop called about 3:00 and said they had gotten one of the new Mathews in and I had to run by there anyway, so I took the liberty of shooting the NEW bow. So here is the Review:

Bow Shot: 2009 Mathews Reezen 6.5

Price at my shop will be: $689

IBO Spec by Mathews: up tp 340 Actual IBO when Shot with 350 gr. Arrow: 336

Weight: 70 lbs

Brace height 6.5this was not an issue.

Pros: Extremely fast, very quiet, good axle to axle length, good stability

Cons: Draw stop was a little rough, but it was a lil long for my draw length too. A lil handshock, but it was bare bow.

OVERALL: Absolutely awesome machine. Very fast and extremly fast. This is the best bow I have shot yet in my look for my new bow. Will wait for the monster before I buy this one to compare!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pro Shop Called.......Matthews Review!!

I shot the same bow tuned down to 63#. Great bow.....FAST for the draw weight...and smooooooooth. My only gripe with it is at full draw....if you flinch a millimeter....it's ready to roll over.

I'd like to shoot it next to the Monster, a couple Hoyts, and a couple Bowtechs.....right after one another. Only then will my Switchback XT be on eBay.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:47 PM

My buddy called me today with the scoop(works at Mathews shop), he said it shoots like a dream.

I like how Mathews didnt jack the prices like Hoyt and Bowtech have recently. Cool to see a major brand's flagship bow still in the 600s....Hoyt wouldnt allow my dealer to go below 799 for their newest, I dont really understand this.

The 360 dual cam will sell too, just because of the speed number, but no way will I even fathom the idea of a 5.5 inch brace height bow, Not happening at 29" DL, now for lighter poundage, shorter DL archers....this one should be the ticket as well.

He said they chronoed it at 70# 29" with a hunting arrow and still got in the 330s...not sure how heavy this hunting arrow is.

Ill be shooting em within the next few weeks, hopefully Im not impressed.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/NC

If that price is accurate... then they are giving them away. Thats all I'm saying...
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: Matt/NC

If that price is accurate... then they are giving them away. Thats all I'm saying...
My local shop is sellin the newest single cam reezin or whatever for 689 as well. Like I said, cool to not jack prices over 100 bucks from year to year like other companies.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a 5" BH not 5.5" [8D]
Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

Cool to see a major brand's flagship bow still in the 600s....Hoyt wouldnt allow my dealer to go below 799 for their newest, I dont really understand this.
Its part of the dealer covenants. Thats all I'm saying.

Once a bow is dropped from a line... you can pretty much sell it for whatever you want. Keeps dealers from getting into pricing wars like gas stations do.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

My local shop is sellin the newest single cam reezin or whatever for 689 as well. Like I said, cool to not jack prices over 100 bucks from year to year like other companies.
Only company that does that is Benelli.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't shoot a Mathews, with one "t" , if they were giving them away!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Only company that does that is Benelli.
Good thing is, you buy one and your done for life...got mine few years back, they are probably 300 more now.

I realize the pricing wars, but not all competition is bad. My Hoyt shop used to have the same price tags as Mathews currently does, I gave 679 or 689 (have to find receipt to no for sure) for my 07 Vectrix the first week it came out....this year, he is not allowed to go a penny less than 799 for the new alphamax.

It is what it is, just thought it was cool one of the major companies still offers a flagship bow for less than 700 bucks.

Quick Reply: Pro Shop Called.......Mathews Review!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.