Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 07 buck mount!!!!! >

07 buck mount!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

07 buck mount!!!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 07 buck mount!!!!!

Hey congrats, Cap'n! That's beautiful work....and a geat buck!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Site Buck Guru

Great looking mount! I'd put an 8x10 photo like the one you posted by the mount too.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

very nice congrats. mount looks nice. I went woth something like that on my 07 buck too. I love the offset shoulder.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys!!

early in, i was at my buddies farm last night showing him the mount on the way home...hes older than myself..killed mannnnnnnnny deer...but he said i made a good decision by having him mounted...he said in all those years the only ones he vividly remembers are his first and the latest, and biggest. he can probably tell the story or atleast where he killed it if you ask about one of the racks..but not like the first and latest...i never wanna forget my first bowkill...

Greg, i actually have that same pic printed on an 8x10...and i have the arrow and broadhead still blood coated and its staying that way. its the only one i'll "waste" but im thinking of some kinda frame i can rest the arrow on...the pics make that wall look bigger than it is...room for stuff is hard to come by...i got a turkey fan i gotta hang back up on that wall...i got about 10 8x10s i need to frame and hang just no room for them...heck i got 2 deer racks in the basement i havent hung plus a bunch of other stuff..maybe i'll work on that tomorrow...he gotta stay on that wall, but i gotta get that turkey fan hung back up..

i really love the taxis work...i made a mistake once with a squirrel and it turned out terrible and took dang near 3 years...after that, i had a trout i wanted mounted...i did alottttt of talking to guys and driving to shops looking at work before i took that fish anywhere...my taxi i actually knew from another forum...forgot about his shop, and got his card at a bait shop...rode out and looked at his work and it just really looks great to me. his turkey heads and fish are what caught my eye...the guy can PAINT plain and simple. he was/is an artist..actually does the feather painting stuff..but what makes him different is his attention to detail...stuff that most guys would never notice...eyes, nose, ears, lips etc on deer heads..most guys can make it look "good enough" but his really look great..exspecially if you let him give his ideas and form recomendations..if a deer head from him looks bad, its because the hunter insisted on a bad form...i cant wait to have a turkey done by him...his turkey heads are AMAZING. not to mention hes a real great guy...went fishing with him once...offered to take me turkey hunting today...everytime im there i gotta clear my schedule coz im there well over an hour lol...

Old 11-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

How did I miss this thread??[>:] I love the mount mauser!! Your taxi did a superb job man!!

Great buck also, congratulation's!!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great! He does good work. Congrats again.