Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 07 buck mount!!!!! >

07 buck mount!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

07 buck mount!!!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default 07 buck mount!!!!!

well, yesterday me and my first bow kill were reunited!!

i went with an offset shoulder, semi sneak to the left and lowered head..think its a mckenzie form...could be wrong...i REALLY love the form...i think it was nctaxi that posted pics for me of what i was looking for...

cape is a little beat up and kinda makes the mount looks bad...but its all just busted hair...it was all busted when he was alive...just gives him character...taxi did an excellent job IMO...i love his work...very very pleased with how it turned out...the form and the work and everything is exactly what i wanted...

here he is.....

(head on)

hard to get good pics of mounted stuff!! but thats him from about every angle...

here he is a kill pic incase ya'll havent seen it enough times yet

the short early season hide looks great(minus being busted up) shows detail and muscle real nice...very proud of the buck and will never forget that day...first bow kill...and first deer mount ive ever had done...every time i walk into my room i gotta stare at him...then i come out grinning....just real happy with it..
Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 07 buck mount!!!!!

That is a very good job on the mount, looks like he's gonna jump out of the screen at me!
And your grinning ear - to - ear, which is a form of a "smile"!
Nice job!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...im super happy with the way he turned out...its hard to get pics of the form but you can get the idea from the different angles...glad thats the one i went with..with a smaller rack, i could kinda took away from him by doing him in other forms...thats about the exact form i shot him in too...which was another reason i picked it...

the pics make him look like he had a big blocky head...but he actually did. and the early season kill means the neck is smaller...my other kill pics show the head better...in person it looks better than the pics to me for some reason...

i still grin ear to ear when i look at him or think about the hunt Ed....that ear to ear is a more of "i cant believe it" kinda grin...happy as heck but kinda in shock...i went to my buddies camp that weekend just to give the honey hole at home an extra weekend of relief...didnt expect to see much of anything....that was a good hunt..

he might not be big...he's hopefully not the biggest i'll ever kill...but hes special to me...glad i made the decision to get him mounted...
Old 11-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

that looks nice
Old 11-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats capt. great looking mount!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

now i know how you guys feel waiting for a mount to get done and finally getting it home!! just a great feeling!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like an awesome mount!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:24 PM

Good for you bud! Nice mount.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Beautiful mount! You should be very happy. You know, even though it's been since 1977, I can still remember my very first bow kill (yearling doe) like it was yesterday. I was hunting from the ground no less.

Quick Reply: 07 buck mount!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.