Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you let walk and why? >

What have you let walk and why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you let walk and why?

Old 11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What have you let walk and why?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Good luck on that one EI. He's a shooter, here (in my woods).

I hope you get him (if you really want him).
Jeff, all I can say at this point in time is, if he were to give me that same exactshot, I'd take it!Lord, please let there be some fact behind this moon thing, I need all the help I can get right now!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What have you let walk and why?

I must say, some of you have much more will power then me. Any of the bucks pictured to this point in this thread, I would have flung an arrow at in a heart beat.

But of course I do have to set some sort of limit for myself. I was at full draw, standing on the ground, 7 yards from this guy, but I gave him the free pass.

I guess the only reason I even drew on him is because I have yet to harvest a deer with a compound bow. Even if I dont get one this year, I will have NO regrets in my decision to go from crossbow to compound.

Another one I have passed on is not because I wanted to, but because I had to. I had a brute (for this area) of a 10 point 20 yards to my left. I drew but he only offered a quartering to shot, which I didnt like or feel confident in.