Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you let walk and why? >

What have you let walk and why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you let walk and why?

Old 11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What have you let walk and why?

I let this guy go last Sunday, and he is the one that I am after this year. I had him at 20 yards broadside just before dark. He was walking, and I couldnt geet him to stop, so I didnt have a shot.[:@]

Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 15-20 Does/fawns.
6 pointer, 4 pointer & a 2 1/2 year old8 pointer.
However another 6 pointer wasn't so lucky on 9/18/08.
Just waiting for a buck over 100" or so, personal goal, as I have killed many basket racks and want abigger wall hanger!
A few more weeks and the 8 pointer may get it if he gives me another chance??!!Patience grasshopper!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not having a shot and "passing" are two different things IMO. Passing means you could have killed the deer, but decided not to. Anything other than that, is not "passing." I've never passed a deer I wanted to shoot. I've had plenty of times where I didn't get the shot, but no deer I've wanted to kill has gotten a "pass."
Old 11-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Not having a shot and "passing" are two different things IMO. Passing means you could have killed the deer, but decided not to. Anything other than that, is not "passing." I've never passed a deer I wanted to shoot. I've had plenty of times where I didn't get the shot, but no deer I've wanted to kill has gotten a "pass."
Absolutely, I consider a pass, one that was in a perfect position to get stung and didn't.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

Probably let 12-15 135-150 bucks walk so far, just passed up this guy at 16 yds the other day but I know there are better ones out there. Rut is poppin right now!

HAHAHAHA. Sorry, I just cant help but laugh.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Not having a shot and "passing" are two different things IMO.
Agreed. Someone mentioned "passing" on a 55-65yd shot the other day, here. I said where I'm from.....that's called a "sighting".

I've "passed" on every 1.5 yr old buck....and at least one 2.5 yr old. No deer I've passed on would break 75". There's also a couple 2.5's I wouldn't pass on that I've seen this year.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well fine then, I have passed on abunch of small does, and a bunch of smaller bucks, none of the bucks would go over 70", is that better?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 PM

passed on 8 small bucks and two does...the rest got the shaft .....so far. 3 does and one buck have tasted a Rage head.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was at full draw on this 8pt at 10yrds. There was a small bush between us, and I was waiting for him to step forward of it but he never did. The bush was right beside him which I probably could have shot right through and still hit him, but it wasn't thegood shot I wanted. I keepwondering if I made a mistake every day that goes by because I'm seeing NOTHING lately.
Since Nov 1st I've hunted 79 hours and have seen exactly 4 deer. I don't think it can get much worse. We'll see if this "rutting moon" has anything to it. I'll be hunting all day again tomorrow and Sat. I just hope it doesn't rain too hard on Sat![:@][:'(]

Old 11-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Good luck on that one EI. He's a shooter, here (in my woods).

I hope you get him (if you really want him).

Quick Reply: What have you let walk and why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.