Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Parker Hunter Mag >

Parker Hunter Mag

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Parker Hunter Mag

Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 AM
Spike

Default Parker Hunter Mag

I posted this in the gear review section, but I thought more people might see it here. Anyway, I've decided to make the switch to shooting southpaw due to eye dominance. I don't want to spend a ton on a bow to make this transition with, but I don't want to start with junk either. I came across a Parker Hunter Mag on craigslist for $140. Is this a good buy? The problem is I'd have to buy it without shooting it, and I'm a little hesitant to do that. Should I jump on this, or just keep saving up?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 AM

Default RE: Parker Hunter Mag

Parker makes a great bow and that is a good deal, so I would be jumping on that myself - but I've always been partial to Parker. But at the same time I would try to shoot a couple bows before buying anything really, maybe hit up the pro shop and see if they have any lefties in on consignment for cheap. So that is one thought. Also, with the new product lines coming out right now, you may be able to pick up some really good deals on some real nice bows if you save up a little bit more than what you're looking to spend right now. Just my .02 on the situation. Good luck on your search - and remember to post up some pics of the bow you decide to get!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine just got himself into a similar deal. It was right handed but it was an 05 Hunter Mag. He had it shipped to my house and I set it up for him. Great shooting bow. I am a Bowtech guy through and through, but if this is what you budget allows, then you won't be disapointed. I set his up and was slapping arrows at 20 and 30 yards within an hour or so. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Spike

Thanks for the input, guys. I talked to the guy today and told him I needed to wait a few days and if he had anybody come along with cash in hand to go ahead and sell it. I need to get a little extra $$$ before I put anything down on a bow, though.